- 1 pound pasta, such as linguine or fettucini
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and more salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 9-inch springform pan
- Heat 4 quarts of salted* water in a large pot for the pasta. As the water heats, prepare the chicken. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium high. Season the chicken pieces generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the chicken pieces, spreading them out initially and then not stirring them, so they have an opportunity to brown. Once lightly browned on one side, use tongs to flip the pieces over so they brown on the second side. When pieces are browned on both sides, and just cooked through, remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine. Use a wooden spoon to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken stock and let liquids reduce by half (turn up the heat if necessary). Add the cream, mint, thyme, lemon zest, honey, salt, and vinegar. Reduce the sauce by half again.
- Once the pasta water is boiling, add the pasta and cook following directions on pasta package. When pasta is ready, drain and add to cream sauce when cream sauce has been reduced by half and is thick enough to coat a spoon. Add chicken to the pasta and sauce. Add more salt and pepper to taste. * Use a teaspoon of salt for every quart of water. Some people wait until the water is boiling to add the salt. Makes little difference to me. Just make sure you get the salt in the pasta water or your pasta will be tasteless. Serve immediately. Garnish with a little chopped fresh mint and thyme.
You may also like
How to Make Gravy Two easy gravy recipes with photos and step-by-step instructions. Korean Beef Skewers Grilled beef skewers with a spicy Korean marinade. Quick and easy Paleo dinner. Broccoli Cheddar Casserole Best broccoli cheese casserole ever. Broccoli florets, blanched and baked with bacon and cheddar cheese in a milk, cream, and egg custard, spiced with black pepper. Meyer Lemon Risotto Simple risotto made with arborio rice, onion, meyer lemon zest and juice, white wine, oregano, topped with toasted pine nuts and Parmesan.