- 1 1/3 cups of almond flour, lightly packed
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups of flour
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- Thinly sliced almonds
For the sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Place the almond flour, salt, and butter into an electric beater with a paddle attachment and beat on medium speed for three minutes. The mixture will become coarse and chunky looking.
- Add one of the eggs, reserving the other for later, and the almond extract. Mix on low speed until just incorporated.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, and baking soda then add to the butter mixture at low speed. Mix until just combined.
- Take the dough and flatten it into a disc and wrap in plastic wrap. Place it in the refrigerator for two hours to chill.
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the other egg into a bowl and beat it.
- Take pieces of dough and roll them into balls about three-quarters-of-an-inch wide. Place them on the sheet about an inch apart and then press them down slightly with your palm to make a coin shape.
- Place a slivered almond onto each cookie and lightly press it into place, then paint the surface of the cookie with some of the beaten egg using a pastry brush or your finger (this will give the cookie a lacquered appearance once it bakes).
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until the edges just begin to tan. Cool on the sheet on a wire rack.
You may also like
Shrimp Fried Rice Classic Shrimp Fried Rice with fresh shrimp, rice, green onions, peas, carrots, and sesame oil. Tips for making the BEST fried rice! Quick and Easy Egg Drop Soup Easy Chinese egg drop soup with eggs, ginger, green onions, and mushrooms. Cooks in less than 15 minutes! Pork Stir Fry with Green Onion Lean pork sliced into shreds and stir-fried Chinese style with green onions and garlic. Mushroom Stir Fry with Peas and Green Onions Easy Chinese sweet and spicy mushroom stir fry with peas and green onions! Takes only 30-minutes to make, healthy too!