- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips (see headnote above)
- 4 ounces (72 individual) mini pretzel twists
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking sheet.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate: Place the semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir the chips. Microwave for 30 seconds at 100% power. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. If the chocolate still has lumps, microwave in 15-second intervals at 100% power, stirring between each interval until smooth.
- Dip half the pretzels in semi-sweet chocolate: Place a mini pretzel in the semi-sweet chocolate and push it below the surface with a fork to coat.
- Remove the excess chocolate: Use a fork to remove the pretzel from the chocolate. Then tap it gently against the sides of the bowl until most of the chocolate has dripped off. Wipe the bottom of the fork on the edge of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate then slide the pretzel onto the lined baking sheet (use a second fork if needed). Repeat until you have coated half the pretzels. You should still have a little melted chocolate left.
- Repeat with the white chocolate: Repeat the process for melting the chocolate using the white chocolate chips in a clean bowl. Repeat the coating process with the remaining pretzels in the white chocolate.
- Drizzle the pretzels using the remaining chocolate: Dip a fork the remaining semi-sweet chocolate and drizzle it over the white chocolate-coated pretzels; repeat with the remaining white chocolate.. If you want more control over the drizzle, scoop the chocolate into a quart size freezer re-sealable bag. Snip a very small corner of the bag (1/16-inch) to make a tiny hole. Squeeze the bag to drizzle the chocolate in a more controlled manner.
- Refrigerate all the pretzels until the chocolate is hard. Then remove form pan and store in an air-tight container in the fridge. The pretzels will keep for 7 to 10 days.
You may also like
Suzanne’s Chocolate Cake Rich, moist, three-layer chocolate cake with a butter cocoa frosting. Chocolate Sour Cream Cake with Chocolate Frosting Easy chocolate sour cream cake made with sour cream, cocoa powder, and melted chocolate. The perfect balance of decadence and simplicity! Don't forget the chocolate frosting... Carmelitas Chewy carmelita cookie bar, with a coconut oatmeal crust topped with chocolate chips and caramel sauce. Peppermint Bark Chocolate Cookies Chocolate-y, chewy, almost brownie-ish chocolate cookies peppered with white chocolate peppermint bark chips. Perfect chocolate cookie recipe for the holidays.