- 2 Tbps olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups basmati long grain white rice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Zest of one lime
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup lightly packed chopped cilantro, leaves and tender stems
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated and rinsed
- Roasted peanuts, chopped
- Chopped cilantro
- Thinly sliced scallions
- Brown the rice: Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium high heat. Add the raw rice and stir to coat with the olive oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice has started to brown. Add the garlic and cook a minute more.
- Add water, salt, zest, then simmer: Add water, salt, and lime zest to the rice. Bring to a rolling boil, then cover and lower the heat to low to maintain a very low simmer. Cook undisturbed for 15 minutes (check your rice package instructions), then remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro: Transfer the rice to a serving bowl. Pour lime juice over the rice and toss with chopped cilantro. Serve with chicken, steak, shrimp, Mexican or Asian food.
You may also like
Cilantro Lime Rice BEST cilantro lime rice, no kidding! Better than Chipotle's. Easy to make. Perfect with Mexican and Asian food, great in burritos. Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Skinless boneless chicken breasts marinated with lime and cilantro and grilled. Mint and Lime Mojito Fresh Mint Mojitos made by steeping crushed mint in sugar and rum. So refreshing and minty! This make the best mojito ever. Green Mojito Smoothie This non-alcoholic mojito smoothie will change your mind about green smoothies forever! Made with coconut water, kale, pineapple, mint, and lime.