- 2 Tbsp high smoke point oil such as canola oil, peanut oil, or rice bran oil
- 1 Serrano chile (more if you like it spicy, or just a fraction of one if you want less heat), sliced into thin rings
- 1-2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1-2 Tbsp lime juice
For the punch (non-alcoholic version):
- 4 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 cup club soda
- 1 1/2 cups ginger beer
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups apple cider
- Orange and lime slices for garnish
- Heat oil until shimmering hot: Place a large sauté pan or a wok over your strongest burner on high heat. Let the pan heat up for a minute and then add the oil. Use a high smoke point oil since you will be cooking the shrimp on very high heat. Let the oil heat until it's shimmering. If it starts to smoke, remove the pan from the heat for a moment.
- Add the chiles to the pan and toss to coat with oil. Cook 30 seconds.
- Add the shrimp and garlic to the pan and sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat with oil. Let the shrimp cook undisturbed for 1 minute before tossing again so they get a little bit of a sear. Stir-fry until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the cilantro, then the lime juice. Serve hot or at room temperature. Serve alone, over rice, or in a folded heated flour or corn tortilla.
You may also like
Cilantro Lime Compound Butter Compound butter with cilantro and lime! Great with corn-on-the-cob, veggies, shrimp or steak! Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Skinless boneless chicken breasts marinated with lime and cilantro and grilled. How to Store Parsley, Cilantro, and Other Fresh Herbs Have you ever had trouble keeping fresh herbs fresh? This super easy trick keeps fresh herbs useable for a couple of weeks. Sesame Noodle Salad Sesame Noodle Salad, so quick and easy! Thin noodles infused with a sesame, honey, soy sauce dressing.