- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 6 egg yolks
- Jelly roll pan (10x15-inches)
- Place the cinnamon in a small, dry skillet, over low heat. Keep the skillet moving just until the cinnamon becomes fragrant. Take off heat (note that too long in the pan will burn the cinnamon).
- Warm the milk, sugar, salt and cinnamon and 1 cup of the cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat whisking to incorporate the cinnamon into the liquid.
- While the milk mixture warms set a bowl over another bowl filled with ice. Place the remaining cup of cream into the now chilling bowl and set a mesh strainer on top.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg yolks. Slowly pour the warm milk mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly to avoid the eggs scrambling. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan.
- Stir the mixture constantly over medium heat with a wooden spoon or heat proof spatula, scraping the bottom as you stir. When the custard becomes thick until the mixture thickens and coats the spoon so that you can run your finger across the coating and have the coating not run.
- Pour the custard through the strainer into the cream. Stir until cool over the ice bath.
- Chill the mixture thoroughly and then place in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
You may also like
Chiffon Pumpkin Pie A truly special chiffon pumpkin pie with a light pudding-like pumpkin filling and a gingersnap cookie crust. Grandma’s Sunshine Salad Classic retro sunshine Jello salad recipe, with lemon Jello, grated carrots, and crushed pineapple. Rustic Apricot Tart Rustic apricot tart. Instructions for how to bake on the grill, perfect for a hot summer day when you don't want to heat up the kitchen. Easy Lemon Pudding This is THE EASIEST lemon pudding EVER. Just 4 ingredients. No gelatin. No eggs. Gluten-free. Great for Easter, Mother's Day, or dinner parties.