- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic hot sauce (optional)
- 1 pound tail-on shrimp, shelled but leave tail on
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk (or regular milk)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Japanese panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Oil, for frying
Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 8 oz of Philly cream cheese (1 package), room temperature
- 1/2-1 cup of powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup of sweetened desiccated coconut
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce and the chili-garlic hot sauce (optional). Set aside.
- With a paring knife, slice down deep at the middle of the back of the shrimp, but do not cut all the way through. Discard the black vein/tract.
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a sauté pan over moderate heat until thermometer registers 350°F.
- As the oil is heating, bread the shrimp by dipping the shrimp on both sides in the flour and shaking excess off. Next dip in the egg/coconut milk mixture and then in the panko/coconut flakes, patting to ensure the coating sticks well.
- Fry the shrimp in small batches for 2-3 minutes until golden brown on both sides. Serve with Sweet Chili Mayo for dipping.
You may also like
Savory Coconut Rice Savory Indian-style coconut rice, with onions, garlic, grated coconut, cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon. Coconut Shrimp with Sweet Chili Mayo Chinese coconut shrimp, shrimp coated in coconut flakes and panko, fried and served with a sweet chili mayo sauce. Coconut Cake with Lemon Curd and Vanilla Buttercream This coconut cake is a total showstopper at any gathering. With lemon curd filling and vanilla buttercream frosting. Make-ahead options; keeps well. Magic Bars Classic 7-layer magic bars with chocolate, nuts, butterscotch, and coconut! They're the perfect make-ahead dessert for your next party.