- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 4-8 limes, depending on how juicy they are)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cranberry juice (if you use sweetened cranberry juice, reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe a little bit)
- Simple syrup made with 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water
- An additional 1 1/2 cups water
- Make simple syrup: Heat 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil so that the sugar is completely dissolved, and remove from heat. If you want an added zing to your limeade, zest a couple of the limes before juicing and add the zest to the sugar water while it's heating. Once the syrup has cooled, strain out the zest with a fine mesh strainer before using.
- Juice the limes: While your simple syrup is cooling, juice the limes.
- Add lime juice, cranberry juice, 1 1/2 cups of cold water, the simple syrup, and a few ice cubes to a serving pitcher. Depending on when and how the limeade is to be served, and how strong you want it, you can add more ice and water. For example, if you want to serve it right away, and it is still a bit warm from the hot simple syrup, add lots of ice. If it has had a chance to cool down and chill in the refrigerator, but is still too strong, add a bit more water until the strength is to your preference. If the cranberry limeade is too sweet for your taste, add some more lime juice and water until you reach your desired level of sweetness, and use less sugar the next time you make it.
You may also like
Holiday Punch Festive holiday punch for a crowd! With cranberry juice, orange juice, bourbon, and hard cider. Serves 15 or so. Includes non-alcoholic version. Hot Mulled Cider Spicy hot mulled apple cider cooked with a clove-studded orange, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, cardamom and brown sugar. How To Make The Best Detox Smoothie From A to Z, everything you need to know to make a great tasting detox smoothie. From The Blender Girl herself, Tess Masters! Strawberry Milk Sweet, pink, creamy, and delicious, strawberry milk is a huge hit with the kids, and so easy to make too.