- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 4-8 limes, depending on how juicy they are)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cranberry juice (if you use sweetened cranberry juice, reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe a little bit)
- Simple syrup made with 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water
- An additional 1 1/2 cups water
- Make simple syrup: Heat 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil so that the sugar is completely dissolved, and remove from heat. If you want an added zing to your limeade, zest a couple of the limes before juicing and add the zest to the sugar water while it's heating. Once the syrup has cooled, strain out the zest with a fine mesh strainer before using.
- Juice the limes: While your simple syrup is cooling, juice the limes.
- Add lime juice, cranberry juice, 1 1/2 cups of cold water, the simple syrup, and a few ice cubes to a serving pitcher. Depending on when and how the limeade is to be served, and how strong you want it, you can add more ice and water. For example, if you want to serve it right away, and it is still a bit warm from the hot simple syrup, add lots of ice. If it has had a chance to cool down and chill in the refrigerator, but is still too strong, add a bit more water until the strength is to your preference. If the cranberry limeade is too sweet for your taste, add some more lime juice and water until you reach your desired level of sweetness, and use less sugar the next time you make it.
You may also like
Berry Banana Smoothie Berry banana smoothie! So EASY, just fresh or frozen berries, banana, yogurt, honey, and ice. Lots more smoothie ideas in the comments! Homemade Ginger Ale Easy homemade ginger ale, with grated ginger, simple syrup, lime and club soda. Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Frozen Strawberry Daiquiris are the ultimate poolside thirst quencher. Made with strawberries, rum, lime juice, and sugar. Use frozen strawberries for an extra-slushy texture! Quick and Easy Green Smoothie Healthy green smoothie with banana, pineapple, spinach, and Greek yogurt.