- 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 an apple, peeled, cored, roughly chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño (or serrano) chile, seeds removed, roughly chopped (less or more to taste, depending on how hot the chile is and how hot you would like your salsa to be)
- 2 green onions (scallions), chopped, including light green parts (about 1/4 cup)
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp peeled chopped ginger
- 1 Tbsp lime or lemon juice
- Dash of salt
If you are planning to store pickles outside of refrigerator, you will need the following canning equipment:
- 5 pint-sized canning jars, clean, unused lids, metal screw bands for the lids (see Canning jars and lids)
- 1 16-qt canning pot with rack
- Jar lifters or tongs
- Place the cranberries, apple, chile, green onions, sugar, cilantro, ginger, lime juice and salt (all of the ingredients) in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse several times until everything is finely chopped and well blended.
- Let the salsa sit for at least 15 minutes for the sugar in the salsa to soften the chopped cranberries. Store chilled in an airtight container until ready to serve. Serve with chips or as a side to pork, chicken, turkey, or steak. You can also place a dollop over a cracker that has been spread with cream cheese for an appetizer.
You may also like
Cranberry Salsa Delicious, seasonal cranberry salsa, with cranberries, apple, scallions, ginger, chili, cilantro, and lime. How to Make Pickled Red Onions How to make pickled red onions, it's EASY! Thinly sliced red onions pickled in vinegar with spices. Corn Salsa Best corn salsa ever! Better than Chipotle. Easy to make and totally addictive. Caponata, Eggplant Relish Eggplant caponata, diced eggplant cooked with onions, garlic, tomatoes, pinenuts, olives, raisins, capers, and parsley. A great Italian relish for bread sticks.