- 12 ounces fresh or thawed frozen cranberries (about 3 1/2 cups), washed and drained, stems removed and discarded, bruised or spoiled cranberries discarded
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups white cranberry juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh lime or orange zest
To finish the cake:
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 1 cup lemon curd
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Cook the cranberries with sugar, water, and cranberry juice: Place cranberries, sugar, water, white cranberry juice, and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, until all of the berries have popped and the sugar has dissolved.
- Cool, blend, and press through strainer: Cool for 10 minutes. Working in batches, purée in a blender until smooth. Press through a fine mesh strainer to remove seeds and pulp; discard seeds and pulp.
- Add corn syrup, zest, and chill: Stir in corn syrup and zest. Cover and refrigerate until completely chilled, several hours or preferably overnight.
- Process in ice cream maker: Process in your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Right out of the ice cream maker the sorbet will be rather soft. If you would like it firmer, transfer the sorbet to an airtight container and put in your freezer for a couple of hours. Once frozen, you may need to let it sit for a few minutes at room temperature before serving. For variations, try adding a tablespoon of chopped fresh ginger to the cranberries, or a tablespoon or two of orange zest.
You may also like
Mrs. Adams’ Delicious Pound Cake A truly delicious pound cake recipe made with 1 lb of Imperial margarine, 6 eggs, 1 lb of sugar, and 3 cups of cake flour. Pear Tart Delicate and delicious pear tart, thinly sliced Bosc pears arranged over frangipane almond paste, glazed with apricot jam, in an all-butter crust. Cinnamon Sticky Buns Cinnamon sweet sticky buns, with melted brown sugar and pecans. How To Make French Crêpes Homemade French crepes are so fun and surprisingly EASY! Like making pancakes! Simple blender batter and a nonstick skillet. Lots of ideas for favorite ways to fill and serve.