- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt (or 1 teaspoon if using salted butter)
- 1 cup medium-grain yellow polenta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
To finish the cake:
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 1 cup lemon curd
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Heat salted water (1 1/2 teaspoons of salt for 1 quart of water) to a boil over high heat in a thick-bottomed 2 or 3 quart pan, about 5 minutes. Quickly whisk in the polenta until fully incorporated.
- Lower the heat to a very low simmer, add the butter and allow the polenta to cook, stirring occasionally so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan, for 25 minutes.
- Finish by stirring in the cream cheese until it has melted into the polenta. Taste and add more salt if necessary. (You can also add more cream cheese if you want it to be even creamier.)
You may also like
Mediterranean Chickpea Bowls with Tahini Sauce Mediterranean chickpea bowls with creamy tahini sauce! Made with spiced chickpeas, spinach, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, and brown rice. Great make-ahead meal for lunches or dinners. Sausage, Spinach, Ricotta Stuffed Pasta Shells Jumbo pasta shells stuffed with Italian sausage, spinach, ricotta and Parmesan cheeses, covered with cooked tomatoes and baked. Smoked Salmon Potato Leek Torta Delicious potato torta with Yukon Gold potatoes, smoked salmon, leeks, dill, eggs, and cream. Perfect for a Sunday brunch! Spring Lamb Stew Savory lamb stew with spring garlic, new potatoes, peas, and roasted garlic