- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt (or 1 teaspoon if using salted butter)
- 1 cup medium-grain yellow polenta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
To finish the cake:
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 1 cup lemon curd
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Heat salted water (1 1/2 teaspoons of salt for 1 quart of water) to a boil over high heat in a thick-bottomed 2 or 3 quart pan, about 5 minutes. Quickly whisk in the polenta until fully incorporated.
- Lower the heat to a very low simmer, add the butter and allow the polenta to cook, stirring occasionally so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan, for 25 minutes.
- Finish by stirring in the cream cheese until it has melted into the polenta. Taste and add more salt if necessary. (You can also add more cream cheese if you want it to be even creamier.)
You may also like
Provencal Potato Salad New potatoes or fingerlings tossed warm in a Dijon vinaigrette with capers, olives, garlic, and parsley. Green Bean Casserole from Scratch Classic green bean casserole with fried onion topping, from scratch! Easy to make ahead. So much better than canned! Cream of Mushroom Soup Easy homemade cream of mushroom soup. Creamy without a lot of cream! Cremini mushrooms, stock, cream, shallots, butter, tarragon Mignonette Sauce for Oysters A classic accompaniment to raw oysters, mignonette sauce made with shallots, vinegar, and white pepper.