- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt (or 1 teaspoon if using salted butter)
- 1 cup medium-grain yellow polenta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
To finish the cake:
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 1 cup lemon curd
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Heat salted water (1 1/2 teaspoons of salt for 1 quart of water) to a boil over high heat in a thick-bottomed 2 or 3 quart pan, about 5 minutes. Quickly whisk in the polenta until fully incorporated.
- Lower the heat to a very low simmer, add the butter and allow the polenta to cook, stirring occasionally so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan, for 25 minutes.
- Finish by stirring in the cream cheese until it has melted into the polenta. Taste and add more salt if necessary. (You can also add more cream cheese if you want it to be even creamier.)
You may also like
Coconut Cake with Lemon Curd and Vanilla Buttercream This coconut cake is a total showstopper at any gathering. With lemon curd filling and vanilla buttercream frosting. Make-ahead options; keeps well. Coconut Whipped Cream Here's how to make dairy-free whipped cream with a can of coconut milk! Keeps for several days. Great for topping vegan or Paleo desserts. Apple Walnut Gorgonzola Turnovers Puff pastry mini-turnovers with a filling of apples, walnuts, Gorgonzola cheese, honey, and thyme. Bourbon Barbecue Sauce Outrageously good homemade barbecue sauce with molasses, chili, onion, lemon juice, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and bourbon.