- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt (or 1 teaspoon if using salted butter)
- 1 cup medium-grain yellow polenta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
To finish the cake:
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 1 cup lemon curd
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Heat salted water (1 1/2 teaspoons of salt for 1 quart of water) to a boil over high heat in a thick-bottomed 2 or 3 quart pan, about 5 minutes. Quickly whisk in the polenta until fully incorporated.
- Lower the heat to a very low simmer, add the butter and allow the polenta to cook, stirring occasionally so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan, for 25 minutes.
- Finish by stirring in the cream cheese until it has melted into the polenta. Taste and add more salt if necessary. (You can also add more cream cheese if you want it to be even creamier.)
You may also like
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole Make-ahead ham and cheese breakfast casserole! Just bread, cheese, tomatoes, ham, eggs, and milk. Feeds a crowd. Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes Don't stress over mashed potatoes, make them ahead! So EASY, reheat right before serving. Butternut Squash Apple Cranberry Bake Simple EASY butternut squash, apple, and cranberry bake recipe! Perfect for a holiday feast. Autumn Tabbouleh with Cauliflower, Carrots, and Golden Beets Autumn Tabbouleh is the perfect make-ahead side dish! With cauliflower, carrots, and golden beets. 30 minute prep.