- One large (or two medium) cucumbers, peeled, cut in half lengthwise and seeded, then grated
- 2 cups (475 ml) plain whole milk yogurt
- 10 large mint leaves, thinly sliced* (can sub cilantro)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin**
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Place grated cucumber in a sieve and press with the back of a spoon to squeeze out as much moisture as you can. Alternatively, you can place the grated cucumber in the middle of a clean tea towel, wrap the towel around the cucumber and wring out the excess moisture.
- Stir spices and mint into yogurt in a medium bowl. Stir in the grated cucumber. Chill until ready to serve.
You may also like
Fava Bean Dip with Goat Cheese and Garlic Fresh Fava Bean Dip with green garlic, lemon zest, olive oil, and goat cheese. Great served with jicama or cucumber slices. Crab Fondue Tasty hot crab dip appetizer with lump crab meat, cream cheese, mayo, and seasonings. Fresh Pea Hummus A tangy, vibrant dip or hummus-like spread made from peas, tahini, sour cream and mint. Grilled Tomatillo and Corn Salsa Tomatillo salsa made with grilled tomatillos, grilled corn, jalapeño, onions, garlic