- One large (or two medium) cucumbers, peeled, cut in half lengthwise and seeded, then grated
- 2 cups (475 ml) plain whole milk yogurt
- 10 large mint leaves, thinly sliced* (can sub cilantro)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin**
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Place grated cucumber in a sieve and press with the back of a spoon to squeeze out as much moisture as you can. Alternatively, you can place the grated cucumber in the middle of a clean tea towel, wrap the towel around the cucumber and wring out the excess moisture.
- Stir spices and mint into yogurt in a medium bowl. Stir in the grated cucumber. Chill until ready to serve.
You may also like
Pineapple Salsa with Jicama Tangy tropical Pineapple Salsa with jicama, pineapple, red bell pepper, cilantro, and fresh ginger root. Eggplant Caviar Terrific smoky eggplant caviar dip! Perfect to spread over crackers for an easy, healthy, delicious appetizer. Eggplant Dip (Baba Ghanouj) Classic Mediterranean baba ghanouj eggplant dip. Baked eggplant pureed with tahini, garlic, and olive oil. Hummus Simple and delicious hummus, made with chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, and salt. Takes only 5 minutes to make!