- 1 1/2 pounds cucumbers, preferably thin-skinned such as persian cucumbers
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 3 Tbsp sesame tahini
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp warm water (or more depending on how thick your tahini is)
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- Zest of a lemon
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped mint
- 2 Tbsp chopped basil
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Cucumber, Jicama, Ginger Salad:
- 3/4 cup of seeded, diced, thin-skinned (English or Persian) cucumber, peel-on (you can also use regular cucumbers that have been peeled)
- 2/3 cup peeled, small diced jicama
- 1/4 thinly sliced red onion
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 ripe avocado
- 6 large leaves of butter lettuce
- If the cucumber peels are thick or bitter, peel them. If not, leave them on. Slice the cucumbers lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a small spoon. Slice the cucumbers again lengthwise and then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch to 1/3-inch cuts.
- Toss the seeded, diced cucumbers in a colander with the tablespoon of salt. Let drain in the sink while you chop everything else and make the dressing.
- In a large bowl, mix the tahini, lemon juice and warm water until combined. Stir in the garlic, lemon zest and red onion.
- Briefly rinse the cucumbers under cool water and pat them dry with paper towels in the colander. Add the cucumbers to the bowl with the dressing and gently toss to combine well. Add in the herbs. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Serve cool.
You may also like
Cucumber Salad with Tahini Dressing Cucumber salad tossed with a dressing made from tahini paste and lemon. Cucumber Yogurt Salad (Tzatziki) Cucumber yogurt tzatziki, a simple salad of peeled, sliced cucumbers, yogurt, dill, and salt and pepper. To accompany spicy dishes. Cucumber Salad Simple fresh Cucumber Salad with rice vinegar, salt, pepper, and chopped fresh dill or basil. Cucumber Salad with Grapes and Almonds A salad of cucumbers, grapes, toasted almonds and a little garlic—essentially a deconstructed white gazpacho.