- 3-4 Tbsp vegetable oil (or ghee or coconut oil)
- 1 pound ground turkey (thigh meat if you can get it)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1-2 chopped fresh red chiles (optional)
- Salt to taste
- A 1-inch piece of peeled ginger, grated fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 Tbsp garam masala (or curry powder)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2-4 Roma or other plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (loosely packed) chopped cilantro or parsley
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 9 boneless chicken thighs (skinless or skin-on, your preference), if large pieces, then cut in half
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Brown the ground turkey: Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a large pot with a lid. When the oil is hot, add the ground turkey, spreading it out over the pan. Try not to crowd the meat (you may need to cook in batches). Cook the meat without stirring, until it begins to brown.
- Add onion and chiles: Add the chopped onion and chiles. Stir and sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until the onion begins to color a bit. Sprinkle salt over everything.
- Add ginger and garlic: Add the grated ginger and garlic, mix well and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add spices, water, potatoes, then simmer: Mix in the spices (garam masala, turmeric, cumin, coriander), water, and the potatoes. Stir to combine and cover. Turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add tomatoes and peas: When the potatoes are tender, add the diced tomatoes and peas. Mix well and cover the pot. Cook 2-3 minutes. Add salt, if needed, to taste.
- Stir in chopped cilantro to serve: Right before you serve, mix in the chopped cilantro. Serve alone or with flatbread or white rice.
You may also like
Tuna and Tomato Pasta A simple dish of pasta shells with a buttery tomato sauce, tuna and ricotta, all baked with a cheesy parmesan crust. Paprika Chicken with Chickpeas One pot easy baked chicken thighs with smoked paprika, onions, and chickpeas! Santa Fe Pork and Black Bean Stew Hearty pork and black bean stew with pork shoulder, onions, red bell peppers, jalapeños, garlic, cornmeal, black beans, spices, molasses, and a splash of lime juice. Perfect for a cold day! Braised Turkey Legs Delicious Turkey Stew! Made with flavorful turkey legs, browned and braised, served with root vegetables.