- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 4 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 4 cups of chicken or turkey stock
- 1/4 cup raw white rice (we use basmati)
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (may add more to taste)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups of chopped cooked turkey meat
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Sour cream or plain yogurt for garnish
- Chopped chives for garnish
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 Tbsp sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, chopped
- Melt butter on medium high heat in a large (6 to 8 quart) thick-bottomed pot. Add the onions, celery, and carrots. Lower the heat and cook until softened, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the curry powder and cook for a minute or two more.
- Add the bay leaves, stock and rice, increase the heat to high and bring the stock to a simmer. Lower the heat to maintain a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped apples, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Add the chopped cooked turkey to the soup. Return to a simmer and stir in the cream. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Serve garnished with a drizzle of yogurt or sour cream that has been thinned with a little water and some chopped fresh chives or parsley.
You may also like
Chicken Peanut Curry West African inspired chicken peanut curry, with lime, coriander seed, onion, cilantro, mint, ginger, chili, peanuts, and chicken. Mango Chicken Curry Mango and chicken are a power combo. This mango chicken curry recipe uses boneless, skinless breasts or thighs, mango, onion, ginger, garlic, curry, cumin, raisins, and coconut milk. Chicken Curry in a Hurry A quick, tasty, and filling recipe for chicken curry. Chicken Curry Salad A great chicken curry salad recipe for potlucks or picnics. Chicken, curry powder, onion, raisins, apple, and cilantro. Mayo optional.