- 7 ounces boneless ham steak, cut into cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 small stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced pickled jalapenos
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced iceberg or butter lettuce
- 1 1/2 lbs dry 100% semolina spaghetti, thin spaghetti, or bucatini
- Process the ham in a food processor, until finely ground but not a paste. Remove from processor to a bowl. Process the celery and the pickled jalapeños and add them to the bowl with the ham.
- Fold in the mayonnaise and cumin. Stir in the chopped green onions.
- Make sandwiches with the bread and sliced lettuce. Slice the sandwiches on the diagonal to serve.
You may also like
Pepper Jack Potatoes Boiled potatoes with melted Jalapeno pepperjack cheese and cream. Jalapeño Bread and Butter Pickles Sweet pickled jalapeño chili peppers, processed with vinegar, sugar, onions, and spices. Jalapeño Cornbread Easy cheesy jalapeño cornbread with spicy jalapeño chili peppers and extra corn. Perfect with chili! Jalapeno Pepper Jelly Homemade jalapeno pepper jelly with no added pectin. Jelly base comes from tart Granny Smith apples. The addition of a few cranberries gives it a vibrant red color.