- 7 ounces boneless ham steak, cut into cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 small stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced pickled jalapenos
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced iceberg or butter lettuce
- 1 1/2 lbs dry 100% semolina spaghetti, thin spaghetti, or bucatini
- Process the ham in a food processor, until finely ground but not a paste. Remove from processor to a bowl. Process the celery and the pickled jalapeños and add them to the bowl with the ham.
- Fold in the mayonnaise and cumin. Stir in the chopped green onions.
- Make sandwiches with the bread and sliced lettuce. Slice the sandwiches on the diagonal to serve.
You may also like
Jalapeño Bread and Butter Pickles Sweet pickled jalapeño chili peppers, processed with vinegar, sugar, onions, and spices. Roasted Green Chiles in a Light Vinaigrette Strips of roasted green chiles, lightly dressed in olive oil, vinegar, and salt. Deviled Ham with Pickled Jalapeños Spicy deviled jam, made with ham, celery, green onions, and pickled jalapeños. Baked Stuffed Jalapeños Baked jalapeños stuffed with cheese, onions, cilantro and bacon, seasoned with oregano and cumin.