- 7 ounces boneless ham steak, cut into cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 small stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced pickled jalapenos
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced iceberg or butter lettuce
- 1 1/2 lbs dry 100% semolina spaghetti, thin spaghetti, or bucatini
- Process the ham in a food processor, until finely ground but not a paste. Remove from processor to a bowl. Process the celery and the pickled jalapeños and add them to the bowl with the ham.
- Fold in the mayonnaise and cumin. Stir in the chopped green onions.
- Make sandwiches with the bread and sliced lettuce. Slice the sandwiches on the diagonal to serve.
You may also like
Pickled Jalapenos (Escabeche) Classic jalapeno pickles or jalapenos escabeche, made with fresh jalapeno chili peppers, white onions, garlic, carrots, cider vinegar and herbs. Cheesy Jalapeño Pull Bread Rustic loaf bread, cross hatched and stuffed with Monterey Jack cheese, pickled jalapeños and green onions, baked until all melty. Yum! Baked Stuffed Jalapeños Baked jalapeños stuffed with cheese, onions, cilantro and bacon, seasoned with oregano and cumin. Pickled Eggs Pickled eggs! Four ways. Brilliant fuchsia red beet pickled eggs, a Indian version featuring yellow curry, jalapeno pickled eggs, and a tarragon mustard version.