- 7 ounces boneless ham steak, cut into cubes (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 small stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced pickled jalapenos
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced iceberg or butter lettuce
- 1 1/2 lbs dry 100% semolina spaghetti, thin spaghetti, or bucatini
- Process the ham in a food processor, until finely ground but not a paste. Remove from processor to a bowl. Process the celery and the pickled jalapeños and add them to the bowl with the ham.
- Fold in the mayonnaise and cumin. Stir in the chopped green onions.
- Make sandwiches with the bread and sliced lettuce. Slice the sandwiches on the diagonal to serve.
You may also like
Jalapeno Pepper Jelly Homemade jalapeno pepper jelly with no added pectin. Jelly base comes from tart Granny Smith apples. The addition of a few cranberries gives it a vibrant red color. Pickled Jalapenos (Escabeche) Classic jalapeno pickles or jalapenos escabeche, made with fresh jalapeno chili peppers, white onions, garlic, carrots, cider vinegar and herbs. Deviled Ham with Pickled Jalapeños Spicy deviled jam, made with ham, celery, green onions, and pickled jalapeños. Jalapeño Cornbread Easy cheesy jalapeño cornbread with spicy jalapeño chili peppers and extra corn. Perfect with chili!