- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries, raspberries, sliced strawberries or blackberries, to garnish
- Food processor or blender
- Warm the cream and sugar: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together the cream, sugar and lemon zest. Bring to a boil. Adjust the heat to a gentle boil, and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Watch carefully and stir frequently to keep the cream from boiling over.
- Add the lemon juice and continue to simmer for 5 more minutes. Stir frequently.
- Take the pan off the heat and let the cream cool for 5 minutes.
- Strain and chill. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a 4-cup liquid measuring cup or other container for easy pouring. Pour into 4 four-ounce ramekins or pretty stemmed glasses.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, for 2 to 3 hours, or until set. This pudding can also be prepared and refrigerated up to 2 days in advance. Top each glass with berries just before serving.
You may also like
Plum Sorbet Simple Plum Sorbet made with fresh sliced plums, lemon juice, sugar, and a little Grand Marnier. Pear Tarte Tatin French classic, tarte tatin aux poires, upside down pear tart with flakey pastry crust. Apple Upside Down Cake Upside Down Apple Cake with caramel sauce and apple wedges in a flour cornmeal batter. Cinnamon Ice Cream Homemade cinnamon ice cream with a custard base, cream, milk, sugar, and cinnamon.