- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries, raspberries, sliced strawberries or blackberries, to garnish
- Food processor or blender
- Warm the cream and sugar: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together the cream, sugar and lemon zest. Bring to a boil. Adjust the heat to a gentle boil, and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Watch carefully and stir frequently to keep the cream from boiling over.
- Add the lemon juice and continue to simmer for 5 more minutes. Stir frequently.
- Take the pan off the heat and let the cream cool for 5 minutes.
- Strain and chill. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a 4-cup liquid measuring cup or other container for easy pouring. Pour into 4 four-ounce ramekins or pretty stemmed glasses.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, for 2 to 3 hours, or until set. This pudding can also be prepared and refrigerated up to 2 days in advance. Top each glass with berries just before serving.
You may also like
Cherry Frozen Yogurt Enjoy the bounty of cherry season with easy-to-make frozen yogurt made with fresh cherries. Zabaglione Zabaglione recipe, a simple Italian custard dessert made with egg yolks, sugar, and Marsala wine. Also known as zabayon or sabayon. Blackberry Pie The best blackberry pie ever. No kidding! All butter crust, loads of blackberries, spiced with a little lemon, cinnamon, and almond extract. Yum. Strawberry Rhubarb Pie The BEST homemade strawberry rhubarb pie recipe! Sweet fresh strawberries paired with tart rhubarb and a hint of orange zest.