- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries, raspberries, sliced strawberries or blackberries, to garnish
- Food processor or blender
- Warm the cream and sugar: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together the cream, sugar and lemon zest. Bring to a boil. Adjust the heat to a gentle boil, and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Watch carefully and stir frequently to keep the cream from boiling over.
- Add the lemon juice and continue to simmer for 5 more minutes. Stir frequently.
- Take the pan off the heat and let the cream cool for 5 minutes.
- Strain and chill. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a 4-cup liquid measuring cup or other container for easy pouring. Pour into 4 four-ounce ramekins or pretty stemmed glasses.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, for 2 to 3 hours, or until set. This pudding can also be prepared and refrigerated up to 2 days in advance. Top each glass with berries just before serving.
You may also like
Almond Pound Cake with Orange Glaze Fine crumb almond pound cake speckled with orange zest and glazed with a citrus orange glaze. Fig Galette Rustic fig galette with a simple butter crust, a layer of marmalade, and quartered fresh mission figs. Palmiers (Elephant Ears) Quick and easy to make palmiers, or elephant ear cookies, with puff pastry and sugar. Key Lime Pie Classic key lime pie, a tangy chilled custard pie with lime juice, sweetened condensed milk, in a graham cracker crust.