- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries, raspberries, sliced strawberries or blackberries, to garnish
- Food processor or blender
- Warm the cream and sugar: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together the cream, sugar and lemon zest. Bring to a boil. Adjust the heat to a gentle boil, and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Watch carefully and stir frequently to keep the cream from boiling over.
- Add the lemon juice and continue to simmer for 5 more minutes. Stir frequently.
- Take the pan off the heat and let the cream cool for 5 minutes.
- Strain and chill. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a 4-cup liquid measuring cup or other container for easy pouring. Pour into 4 four-ounce ramekins or pretty stemmed glasses.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, for 2 to 3 hours, or until set. This pudding can also be prepared and refrigerated up to 2 days in advance. Top each glass with berries just before serving.
You may also like
Blackberry Cobbler Blackberry cobbler with fresh blackberries and topped with a homemade biscuity cobbler topping Apple Carrot Cupcake It’s as if carrot cake and apple cake decided to get together and have babies. This apple carrot cupcake is the best of both! Vegan Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pudding Cups Vegan chocolate-peanut butter pudding cups! 5 minutes to make and so creamy. Uses avocado instead of eggs and dairy. Berry Tart Summer berry tart with an all-butter crust, mascarpone cheese and whipped cream base, covered with raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries.