- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries, raspberries, sliced strawberries or blackberries, to garnish
- Food processor or blender
- Warm the cream and sugar: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together the cream, sugar and lemon zest. Bring to a boil. Adjust the heat to a gentle boil, and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Watch carefully and stir frequently to keep the cream from boiling over.
- Add the lemon juice and continue to simmer for 5 more minutes. Stir frequently.
- Take the pan off the heat and let the cream cool for 5 minutes.
- Strain and chill. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a 4-cup liquid measuring cup or other container for easy pouring. Pour into 4 four-ounce ramekins or pretty stemmed glasses.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, for 2 to 3 hours, or until set. This pudding can also be prepared and refrigerated up to 2 days in advance. Top each glass with berries just before serving.
You may also like
Blackberry Muffins The BEST rich, tender, delicious blackberry muffins! These muffins are a family favorite, filled with juicy berries. Kahlúa Brownies Rich and fudgy chocolate brownies flavored with vanilla and Kahlúa liqueur. Perfect Cheesecake Beautiful, classic cheesecake, tangy and sweet, with a velvety smooth and rich texture. Meyer Lemon Sorbet Intensely lemony, this crisp Meyer lemon sorbet is like making lemonade with a detour through the ice cream maker.