- 4 cups (500g) flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (slightly less than a full packet) instant yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups (350g) lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 Tbsp sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, chopped
- Make the dough: In a stand mixer on low speed with the paddle attachment, mix the flour, yeast, and salt to combine. Add the water all at once and mix until the dough comes together and cleans the sides of the bowl, 30 to 60 seconds -- you don't need to knead it, just get all the ingredients mixed it together. The dough will be soft and slightly sticky, with no more visible streaks of flour on the surface. To mix by hand, follow the same procedure using a large bowl and a wooden spoon.
- Let the dough rise: Drizzle a large, clean mixing bowl with oil. Flour your hands and form the dough into a rough ball. Transfer it to the oiled bowl and twirl it around a few times to coat it with oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave to rise for 2 to 3 hours at room temperature, until doubled in bulk. After rising, you can refrigerate the dough for up to 3 days; take dough out of the refrigerator about 1 hour before shaping.
- Use the dough: Once risen, the dough is ready to be shaped into pizzas and baked. Use this dough for any pizza recipe you want to make and follow recipe instructions for shaping and baking times. Any leftover dough can be placed it in a zip-top freezer bag and frozen for up to 3 months. Allow the dough to thaw in the fridge before using.
You may also like
Mediterranean Chickpea Bowls with Tahini Sauce Mediterranean chickpea bowls with creamy tahini sauce! Made with spiced chickpeas, spinach, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, and brown rice. Great make-ahead meal for lunches or dinners. Baked Vegetable and Cream Cheese Wontons Easy vegetable and cream cheese baked wontons! Big crowd-pleaser and no need for deep-frying. Can be prepped and frozen ahead. Duchess Potatoes Classic Duchess potatoes, mashed with butter, nutmeg and cream, then baked until the tops are golden brown. BBQ Chicken Burrito Bowl Make-ahead BBQ Chicken Burrito Bowl with corn, black beans, and pico de gallo. Great for lunch or dinner during busy weeks!