- 4 cups (500g) flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (slightly less than a full packet) instant yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups (350g) lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 Tbsp sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, chopped
- Make the dough: In a stand mixer on low speed with the paddle attachment, mix the flour, yeast, and salt to combine. Add the water all at once and mix until the dough comes together and cleans the sides of the bowl, 30 to 60 seconds -- you don't need to knead it, just get all the ingredients mixed it together. The dough will be soft and slightly sticky, with no more visible streaks of flour on the surface. To mix by hand, follow the same procedure using a large bowl and a wooden spoon.
- Let the dough rise: Drizzle a large, clean mixing bowl with oil. Flour your hands and form the dough into a rough ball. Transfer it to the oiled bowl and twirl it around a few times to coat it with oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave to rise for 2 to 3 hours at room temperature, until doubled in bulk. After rising, you can refrigerate the dough for up to 3 days; take dough out of the refrigerator about 1 hour before shaping.
- Use the dough: Once risen, the dough is ready to be shaped into pizzas and baked. Use this dough for any pizza recipe you want to make and follow recipe instructions for shaping and baking times. Any leftover dough can be placed it in a zip-top freezer bag and frozen for up to 3 months. Allow the dough to thaw in the fridge before using.
You may also like
French Toast Casserole Easy French toast casserole with crunchy cinnamon-sugar top. Bake right away, or make ahead and refrigerate overnight. Baked Ziti A classic Italian American comfort food of pasta baked with sausage, tomato sauce and all kinds of gooey, yummy cheeses. So EASY and so good! Creamy Polenta Creamy polenta! Perfect for serving with ribs, chicken, lamb chops, or veal. Cider Vinaigrette Roasted Root Vegetables Beautiful roasted root vegetables—garnet yams, parsnips, carrots, beets—tossed in an apple cider vinaigrette and roasted until tender and caramelized.