- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 3/4 cup chopped artichoke hearts (from about 1/2 14-ounce can artichokes hearts in water, drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon capers, drained
- 4 pitted green olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced chives or green onion greens, packed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon and/or parsley, packed
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, packed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sprigs of mâche lettuce or baby spinach for garnish
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) apricot preserves
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise, remove the yolks and place in a bowl. Place the whites on a serving platter.
- In a food processor, chop the artichokes, green olives, capers, chives, tarragon, and parsley, by pulsing a few times.
- In a medium bowl, break up one of the egg yolks with a fork. Stir in the mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the chopped artichoke mixture, the Parmesan cheese, and black pepper.
- Use a spoon to carefully stuff each egg white half with the artichoke tapenade.
- Using the fine holes of a box grater, a microplane grater, or (preferably) a rotary cheese grater, gently grate the egg yolks over the entire platter. Garnish with mâche or baby lettuce to serve.
You may also like
How to Cook and Eat an Artichoke How to cook and eat an artichoke, with step-by-step instructions and photos. Spinach and Artichoke Quiche Spinach and artichoke quiche! With chopped spinach and artichokes hearts, shallots, goat cheese, green onions, eggs, and cream. Perfect for a Sunday brunch! Asparagus Artichoke Breakfast Casserole Asparagus and artichoke breakfast casserole with bacon, cheddar cheese, rustic bread, milk and egg. Perfect for a Sunday brunch! Artichoke and Shrimp Risotto Shrimp and Artichoke Risotto! Risotto rice, clam stock, wine, artichoke hearts, and paprika seasoned shrimp.