- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 3/4 cup chopped artichoke hearts (from about 1/2 14-ounce can artichokes hearts in water, drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon capers, drained
- 4 pitted green olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced chives or green onion greens, packed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon and/or parsley, packed
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, packed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sprigs of mâche lettuce or baby spinach for garnish
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) apricot preserves
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise, remove the yolks and place in a bowl. Place the whites on a serving platter.
- In a food processor, chop the artichokes, green olives, capers, chives, tarragon, and parsley, by pulsing a few times.
- In a medium bowl, break up one of the egg yolks with a fork. Stir in the mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the chopped artichoke mixture, the Parmesan cheese, and black pepper.
- Use a spoon to carefully stuff each egg white half with the artichoke tapenade.
- Using the fine holes of a box grater, a microplane grater, or (preferably) a rotary cheese grater, gently grate the egg yolks over the entire platter. Garnish with mâche or baby lettuce to serve.
You may also like
Eggs Mimosa with Artichoke Tapenade Hard boiled egg whites stuffed with artichoke heart tapenade and sprinkled with grated cooked egg yolks Pasta with Artichoke Hearts, Sun Dried Tomatoes, and Toasted Almonds Fusilli pasta tossed with marinated artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, and toasted almonds. Asparagus Artichoke Salad Asparagus Artichoke Salad! A light springtime salad of grilled or roasted asparagus with marinated artichoke hearts and cherry tomatoes. Artichoke Lemon Dip Creamy artichoke dip made with artichoke hearts, Parmesan cheese, lemon, parsley, garlic, and cream cheese.