- 1 head radicchio
- 2-3 Belgian endives
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- 3 Tbsp fennel fronds, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 2-3 teaspoons shallot or onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 8-12 flour tortillas
- Sliced avocado
- Sour cream
- Thinly sliced iceberg lettuce dressed lightly with salt and cider vinegar
- Prepare the radicchio, endives, and fennel: Slice the head of radicchio in half, then in quarters. Take each quarter and cut slices of about 1/2 inch thick crosswise on the radicchio from the end toward the core. Discard the cores. Cut the Belgian endives into 1/2-inch thick slices, also discarding the hard inner cores. Cut the stems and fronds off the fennel and set aside. Slice the fennel bulb in half and then in quarters. Cut thin slices from each quarter toward the core. Cut out and discard the core.
- Toss all the cut vegetables in a large bowl with the grated parmesan.
- Make the vinaigrette: To make the vinaigrette, chop the fennel fronds you cut off the bulb and put 3 tablespoons worth into the bowl of a blender. Add the mustard, shallot or onion, lemon juice, salt and sugar. Pulse to combine. Scrape down the sides of the blender bowl and put the lid back on without the center stopper. Cover the stopper with your hand as you start the blender again. Drizzle in the olive oil and puree the dressing for 30-45 seconds.
- Pour the dressing over the radicchio, endives, and fennel and toss to combine.
You may also like
Lamb Braised in Milk with Fennel Chunks of lamb, browned, and simmered in milk and cream with fennel and garlic. Spin off of a traditional Italian milk-braised pork dish. Fennel Gratin Baked fennel with olive oil, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, bread crumbs and fresh thyme. Salmon with Fennel Baked in Parchment Quick and easy, salmon fillets, nestled on a bed of fennel, dotted with lemon and butter, baked in a pouch of parchment paper. Roasted Fennel Quick and easy roasted fennel recipe. Sliced fennel oven roasted in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.