- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds of salmon fillets, cut into 4 portions
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large red, yellow, or orange bell peppers, cored and sliced (about 3 cups)
- 3 medium leeks, cleaned and sliced, white and light green parts only (see How to Clean Leeks)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon (can sub thyme)
- 4 teaspoons dry vermouth or dry white wine (optional)
- 4 lemon wedges
Stir Fry Sauce
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce for gluten-free version)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped, peeled, fresh ginger
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, including green tops, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili oil
- In a large sauté pan, heat the butter and olive oil on medium heat until the butter is melted and foamy. Stir in the sliced leeks and bell peppers, sprinkle with salt and dried tarragon, and gently cook until completely soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare 12x12-inch foil pieces for each of the salmon fillets. Portion out the leek and bell pepper mixture evenly onto the centers of each of the foil pieces. Top with a salmon fillet. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Sprinkle each fillet with a teaspoon of dry vermouth or white wine if using. Fold up the foil packets to allow some room over the salmon, but seal so that steam is not allowed to escape. (There are many ways to fold the foil, do which ever way works best for you!)
- Place the salmon filled foil packets on a baking sheet and place in the oven in the middle rack. Bake until the salmon is just cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice to serve or serve with lemon wedges.
You may also like
Pressure Cooker Ground Beef Chili 30-minute beef chili in the pressure cooker! Made with green peppers, onions, celery, ground beef, and tomatoes. Top with shredded cheese and sliced green onions. Gluten-free. Pork Chops with Ginger Pear Sauce Pan-seared pork chops with a sweet and sour pear and ginger sauce. Perfect for the fall, cooks up in minutes and only uses one pot! Beef Bourguignon Luxurious beef bourguignon, or beef Burgundy, with beef chuck, carrots, pearl onions, mushrooms, and coated with a deeply flavored, silky sauce. Pork Roast with Cardamom Mushroom Sauce Brined pork loin, roasted with an onion cardamom crust and served with a mushroom cream sauce.