- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds of salmon fillets, cut into 4 portions
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large red, yellow, or orange bell peppers, cored and sliced (about 3 cups)
- 3 medium leeks, cleaned and sliced, white and light green parts only (see How to Clean Leeks)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon (can sub thyme)
- 4 teaspoons dry vermouth or dry white wine (optional)
- 4 lemon wedges
Stir Fry Sauce
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce for gluten-free version)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped, peeled, fresh ginger
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, including green tops, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili oil
- In a large sauté pan, heat the butter and olive oil on medium heat until the butter is melted and foamy. Stir in the sliced leeks and bell peppers, sprinkle with salt and dried tarragon, and gently cook until completely soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare 12x12-inch foil pieces for each of the salmon fillets. Portion out the leek and bell pepper mixture evenly onto the centers of each of the foil pieces. Top with a salmon fillet. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Sprinkle each fillet with a teaspoon of dry vermouth or white wine if using. Fold up the foil packets to allow some room over the salmon, but seal so that steam is not allowed to escape. (There are many ways to fold the foil, do which ever way works best for you!)
- Place the salmon filled foil packets on a baking sheet and place in the oven in the middle rack. Bake until the salmon is just cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle with lemon juice to serve or serve with lemon wedges.
You may also like
Cod Fish Cakes Delicious cod fish cakes with fresh cod fillets, potatoes, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, garlic, and egg. Greek Lamb Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce Grilled lamb burgers with homemade tzatziki cucumber sauce! Top with feta, sliced tomato, lettuce, and red onion. Easy summer cook-out recipe. Zucchini Noodle Chicken Pesto Bowl Quick and easy, sautéed zucchini noodles tossed with pesto, chicken and tomatoes. Grilled Chicken with South Carolina-Style BBQ Sauce Grilled Chicken with South Carolina BBQ Sauce pairs zesty, mustard-based South Carolina-style barbecue sauce with grilled chicken. You get a hint of sweetness and spice from the sauce, and every bite is wonderfully smoky from the grill!