- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp ground juniper berries (optional)
- 1 Tbsp caraway seeds
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Vegetable oil
- Sauerkraut and whole grain mustard to top burgers
- Burger buns
More topping ideas:
- Berries with whipped cream
- Applesauce or apple butter
- Maple syrup
- Using your hands, mix in the salt, ground juniper berries, caraway seeds, and pepper in with the ground pork. Mix in the chopped parsley and sour cream.
- Form into patties, anywhere from 1/4 pound to 1/2 pound each.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add the burger patties to the pan, and cook slowly, 4 to 5 minutes each side, until the interior of the burgers reaches a temperature of 155°F. Alternatively, cook on a grill on medium heat, 4-5 minutes each side, until the burgers are cooked through.
- Remove the burgers from the heat and toast the buns on the pan or grill. Top each burger with a dollop of whole grain mustard and a sprinkling of sauerkraut.
You may also like
Venison Sauerbraten A classic German pot roast: Venison or beef marinated and then braised in a rich sauce that's finished with crushed ginger snaps. Sauerkraut with Bacon and Apples Sweet, savory, and smokey sauerkraut, with onions, apples, and bacon. Spareribs and Sauerkraut Pork spareribs cooked with sauerkraut, onions, white wine, and juniper berries. Classic German recipe! Braised Red Cabbage with Chestnuts Sweet and sour red cabbage, cooked with bacon, apples, onions, and roasted chestnuts. Great holiday side!