- 1/4 cup soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce for gluten-free version)
- 2 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 pound 16-20 count shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp canola, rice bran, or peanut oil, or some other high smoke point cooking oil
- 3 green onions, including onion greens, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Marinate the shrimp: In a medium bowl whisk together the soy sauce, seasoned rice vinegar, and brown sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Then whisk in the olive oil, sesame oil, minced garlic, and grated ginger. Place the shrimp in the bowl with the marinade. Toss to coat with the marinade and chill until ready to cook.
- Toast sesame seeds: If you haven't already done so, toast the sesame seeds in a small sauté pan on medium high heat until lightly browned.
- Stir-fry shrimp and green onions: Heat cooking oil in a large stick-free sauté pan or wok (can use seasoned cast iron) on high heat. When the oil is shimmering hot, almost smoking, use a slotted spoon to move the shrimp from the marinade into the hot pan. (Watch out, it will splatter.) Stir-fry for a minute. Add half of the sliced green onions. Continue to stir fry, turning the individual shrimp over if necessary, until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through. No more than 2 minutes max total cooking time, a minute on each side.
- Reduce marinade: Remove shrimp from pan and transfer to a serving bowl. Place the remaining marinade in the hot sauté pan and simmer it until it has reduced to a syrup.
- Pour sauce over shrimp, sprinkle with sesame seeds, green onions: Pour over the shrimp. Toss to coat. Sprinkle the shrimp with toasted sesame seeds and remaining green onions. Serve immediately with rice, soba noodles, rice noodles, bok choy, spinach, broccoli, or asparagus.
You may also like
Broccoli Beef Great Chinese Broccoli Beef recipe, takes only 30 minutes from start to finish! Ginger Beef Stir Fry Easy Beef Stir Fry! With ginger and scallions and a honey soy marinade. Ginger Sesame Garlic Shrimp Quick and easy! Shrimp marinated in a ginger sesame garlic soy sauce marinade, then quickly stir-fried. Flank Steak Stir Fry with Asparagus and Red Pepper This Flank Steak Stir Fry comes together quickly with flank steak, asparagus, and red bell peppers. Perfect for a quick midweek dinner!