- 4 ounces (1 stick, or 8 Tbsp) butter, softened*
- 1 cup minus 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 eggs (room temp)
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 4x8-inch loaf pan.
- Beat the butter until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the sugar and honey, continue to beat until creamy, a few minutes more. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition to incorporate. On low speed, slowly beat the milk in. Do not worry if the mixture looks a little curdled. Mix in lemon zest.
- Sift together the flour, salt, cardamom, baking powder. Add to the wet ingredients, beating until smooth.
- Place batter in prepared pan and bake for 1 hour at 350°F.
- While the lemon bread is baking, prepare the glaze. Heat the glaze ingredients - lemon juice, sugar, honey - in a small saucepan until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Once you have removed the bread from the oven, poke holes all over the top with a thin skewer (this will help the glaze penetrate). Spoon the glaze over it while the bread is still in the pan and is still hot. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan and slicing to serve.
You may also like
Apple Coffee Cake Apple Coffee Cake that's quick, easy, and delicious! Perfect for a Sunday brunch or with your morning coffee. Peach Blueberry Cake Elegant peach and blueberry cake with a rich, buttery, biscuit-like crust. Eggnog Pound Cake Crowd-pleasing holiday eggnog pound cake with eggnog, dried cranberries, brandy, nutmeg and orange zest. Chocolate Bundt Cake Elegant chocolate bundt cake, with an even, fine crumb, and deep flavor.