- 6 ounces sharp cheddar (about 2 cups grated)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon black sesame, poppy, coriander, or cumin seed
For the soup:
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups diced yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (from 2 whole cloves)
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets (See How to Cut and Core Cauliflower)
- 3 cups peeled and diced celeriac (from 1 large root)
- 8 cups vegetable broth, plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Using the large holes of a grater, grate the cheese.
- Make the crisp mix: In a bowl, combine the flour, paprika, baking powder, and cayenne. Add the butter, and mix with a fork or your fingers until blended in. Stir in the seeds. Add the grated cheese and toss with your hands to combine.
- Form and bake the crisps: Mound tablespoon-size portions of the cheese mixture on the baking sheets, spaced 2 inches apart. Flatten them slightly with the back of the spoon. It's not absolutely necessary, but you can also use a 2-inch round cookie cutter as a mold to keep the cheese tidy if you like. Place the cutter on the baking sheet and drop a spoonful of cheese mix into it. Lift the cutter, level the cheese, and repeat until you have made all the crisps.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes, or until golden. Let the crisps cool completely on the baking sheets. Lift the edge of the parchment to lift the crisps off the baking sheet, then peel them off. Store in an airtight container.
You may also like
Cheesy Zucchini Bites Cheesy baked zucchini tots, perfect for brunch, lunch, or an after school snack! With cheddar, parmesan, lemon, and rosemary. Cauliflower Cheddar Soup Best soup ever on a chilly day! Delicious, smooth, creamy cauliflower soup with sharp cheddar cheese Golden Cheddar Cheese Crisps Lacy, crunchy Golden Cheddar Cheese Crisps! Stress-free easy party appetizer. Ready in under 30 minutes. Broccoli Cheddar Bites Cheesy baked broccoli snacks, great for a brunch, kid-friendly lunch, or party!