- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 4 ounces salt pork or bacon, ground or finely minced
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Greek yogurt for dipping
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 3 cups of turkey stock (that you make in step...)
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup cream
- Soften shallots, jalapeño, garlic: Heat a small pan over medium heat and add oil, minced garlic, jalapeño and shallot, and cook for 1 minute, then let cool.
- Make meatball mixture: Meanwhile, crumble lamb into a large bowl. Evenly scatter the salt pork (or bacon), orange zest and mint over lamb, and season with pepper. Sprinkle the cooled garlic mixture over lamb.
- Form meatballs: Gently mix until just combined, then form into 1¼-inch balls and transfer to a plate or sheet pan.
- Brown meatballs on all sides: Heat a large cast iron pan over medium to medium high heat. Working in batches if necessary to prevent crowding, brown meatballs on all sides until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve warm with toothpicks or skewers with plain yogurt.
You may also like
Avgolemono Soup An easy version of the classic Greek avgolemono soup of chicken with rice or orzo pasta finished with egg and lemon. Dad’s Greek Salad Classic Greek salad recipe, with plum tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, bell pepper, black olives, and crumbled feta cheese. Served with a red wine vinegar vinaigrette. Moussaka Moussaka, similar to lasagna, this Greek version of this mediterranean casserole is layered with ground meat, bechamel, eggplant and potatoes. Greek Meatballs Greek Meatballs! made with spicy lamb and pork meatballs, mint, jalapeño, garlic, shallots, orange zest, and Greek yogurt for dipping.