- French or Italian loaf bread, sliced
- Bacon, cooked
- Bartlett pear
- Sharp white cheddar cheese (high quality)
- Butter, softened and spreadable
- 12-inch skillet
- . Heat a cast iron skillet to medium high heat. Layer your sandwich - bread slice, cheese, pear slices, bacon, bread slice. Spread butter over the top of the sandwich. Place the sandwich top side down (butter side down) on the hot pan. Butter the exposed side of the sandwich. Let cook for a minute and then use a metal spatula to turn the sandwich over to its other side.
- While you are toasting the sandwich on the remaining side, press down on the sandwich with a spatula. Alternatively, you can mimic a panini press (albeit without the ridges) by heating a smaller cast iron pan on a separate burner. Use the weight of this pan to press down on the sandwich from above. The sandwich is done when the sides are toasted and the cheese is melted. Cut in half and serve.
You may also like
Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Sauerkraut on Rye Grilled cheese sandwich recipe with Gruyere Swiss cheese and sauerkraut on rye bread. Croque Monsieur Ham and Cheese Sandwich Class French Croque Monsieur recipe, toasted ham and Swiss cheese sandwich, topped with a bechamel sauce of butter, flour, milk, nutmeg, Parmesan and Gruyere. Kimchi Avocado Quesadilla Got kimchi? Make kimchi quesadillas! 15 minutes, one skillet, so easy! With cabbage kimchi, avocado, cheddar and jack cheese, some parsley, and a squirt of lime Zucchini-Feta Frittata Easy vegetarian frittata with shredded zucchini, potatoes, feta, and Monterey jack cheese. Makes great leftovers.