- French or Italian loaf bread, sliced
- Bacon, cooked
- Bartlett pear
- Sharp white cheddar cheese (high quality)
- Butter, softened and spreadable
- 12-inch skillet
- . Heat a cast iron skillet to medium high heat. Layer your sandwich - bread slice, cheese, pear slices, bacon, bread slice. Spread butter over the top of the sandwich. Place the sandwich top side down (butter side down) on the hot pan. Butter the exposed side of the sandwich. Let cook for a minute and then use a metal spatula to turn the sandwich over to its other side.
- While you are toasting the sandwich on the remaining side, press down on the sandwich with a spatula. Alternatively, you can mimic a panini press (albeit without the ridges) by heating a smaller cast iron pan on a separate burner. Use the weight of this pan to press down on the sandwich from above. The sandwich is done when the sides are toasted and the cheese is melted. Cut in half and serve.
You may also like
Easy Brazilian Cheese Bread Simple and gluten-free Brazilian cheese bread, or Pão de Queijo, made with tapioca flour, milk, eggs, olive oil, and cheese. Croque Monsieur Ham and Cheese Sandwich Class French Croque Monsieur recipe, toasted ham and Swiss cheese sandwich, topped with a bechamel sauce of butter, flour, milk, nutmeg, Parmesan and Gruyere. Mushroom Quiche Mushroom quiche with all-butter pie crust filled and baked with mixture of egg, cream, milk, sauteed mushrooms and shallots. Cheddar Cheese Puffs Light and airy savory cheese puffs (gourgères) with cheddar cheese and thyme.