- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon (or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast cutlets
- 1 14-ounce can whole, peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 water
- 1 shallot, diced (about 3 Tbsp)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 15x12-inch sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 Tbsp oil, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, and 1 Tbsp of chopped fresh tarragon (or a teaspoon of dried tarragon).
- If your boneless, skinless chicken breasts are not already in cutlet form, slice them in half horizontally, or place them between two pieces of plastic wrap and use a meat pounder to pound them into an even 1/2-inch thickness. Sprinkle the cutlets with salt and pepper. Add them to the olive oil, garlic, tarragon mixture. Let sit at room temperature while you prepare the sauce and heat the grill.
- Prepare your grill for high, direct heat. While the grill is heating (whether it be charcoal or gas), prepare the sauce. Place the canned tomatoes in a food processor or blender and pulse until puréed. In a medium sauté pan, heat a tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the minced shallots and garlic and cook until just fragrant, less than a minute. Add the puréed tomatoes and water to the shallots and garlic. Add the balsamic vinegar and 1 Tbsp of chopped fresh tarragon (or a teaspoon of dry tarragon). Add salt and pepper to taste. (If the sauce seems too acidic, you can add a pinch of sugar to balance the acidity.) Bring to a simmer and lower the heat to maintain a very low simmer while you grill the chicken.
- Grill the chicken cutlets until nicely browned and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side, less or more time depending on how thick the cutlets are. Serve with tomato tarragon sauce.
You may also like
Buffalo Chicken Dip Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip! Perfect for a Game Day party or tailgate. 30 minutes. Greek Chicken Skewers with Flatbread and Yogurt Sauce (Chicken Souvlaki) Greek Chicken Skewers (a.k.a. Souvlaki!) served with warm flatbread and tangy yogurt sauce. A simple and healthy weeknight meal. Cook on a grill or indoors on the stovetop. How to Grill Juicy Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts How to grill boneless skinless chicken breasts so they stay juicy and don't get dried out. Chicken Marsala with Pancetta and Cream Chicken marsala recipe with breaded chicken cutlets in a Marsala wine, pancetta, and cream sauce. Photos and step-by-step instructions.