- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil for the marinade plus more for grilling
- Grated zest from 2 limes
- Juice from 2 limes, about 1/4 cup
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Lime wedges, fresh sprigs of cilantro, and slices of avocado to serve
- 2 15x12-inch sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil
- Pound chicken breasts to even thickness: Place the chicken breasts between two piece of plastic wrap or wax paper and pound to an even thickness with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Marinate the chicken: Mix the olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, cilantro, sugar, salt and pepper together in a large bowl. Add the chicken and massage the marinade into the chicken. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes, and up to 4 hours or overnight.
- Grill: Preheat the grill for medium high heat. Remove the chicken breasts from the refrigerator. Remove them from the marinade and pat them dry with paper towels. Coat the chicken breasts with some olive oil. Soak a paper towel in a little more oil and use tongs to wipe the grill grates. When the grill is hot, place the chicken breasts on the grill. Grill for a few minutes on each side, until cooked through.
You may also like
Chicken Curry in a Hurry A quick, tasty, and filling recipe for chicken curry. Moroccan Spiced Grilled Chicken Breasts Skinless boneless chicken breasts marinated in yogurt with garlic, cumin, and paprika, then grilled. Classic Baked Chicken Easy baked chicken recipe. Chicken breasts, thighs, wings, and legs coated in olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper baked in the oven. Chicken with Goat Cheese and Arugula Skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded thin, wrapped around an arugula and goat cheese stuffing and roasted.