- 4 ears fresh corn, in their husks
- Butter (or an herb butter) for serving
For the chicken:
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in with skin
- 4 drumsticks, bone-in with skin
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Prepare your grill, gas or charcoal, with direct, high heat, about 550°F. (You know the grill is hot enough if are able to hold your hand one inch above the grill for only 1 second.)
- The corn husks will protect the corn from burning or drying out while it is on the hot grill. If you want a bit of char on your corn, peel off a few of the outer layers of the corn husks first, before grilling. Place the corn in their husks on the hot grill. Cover the grill. Turn the corn occasionally, until the husks are completely blackened and charred on all sides, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the corn from the grill. Let them sit for 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Remove the silks and charred husks from the corn. If you need to, use a damp towel to protect your hands from any sharp edges from the charred corn husks as you peel them off. Serve with butter. (Or you can sprinkle with a little chili powder, cotija cheese, and some lime juice for a Mexican twist.)
You may also like
Memphis-Style Pork Ribs Memphis-style dry rubbed pork ribs barbecued slowly to perfection! Grilled Corn-on-the-Cob How to grill juicy, tender, grilled corn-on-the-cob! Grill fresh corn cobs in their husks on direct high heat. Blue Corn Chicken Nachos Celebrate Red, White and Blue with these Blue Corn Tortilla Chip Nachos! With a creamy pepper jack cheese sauce, chicken, and pico de gallo Classic German Potato Salad Classic German Potato Salad! Thick-sliced potatoes tossed with bacon, onions, herbs, and vinaigrette. Serve hot, warm, or cool.