- 1 pound 16-20 count large prawns, peeled and deveined (can still have tail on for presentation)
- Olive oil
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon minced chives for garnish
- Short bamboo skewers, about 20, soaked for 30 minutes in water before grilling
- Shredded red cabbage
- Sliced radishes
- Sour Cream
- Lime wedges
- Prepare your grill for direct high heat, with one side of the grill as a cool side with no coals or flame.
- While the grill is heating, thread the pre-soaked skewers through the shrimp. Start at the tail and push the skewers through the middle and end of the shrimp. Brush shrimp with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place butter and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in microwave until the butter has melted and is hot. (If you don't have a microwave you can also just melt the butter with the garlic in a small saucepan on the stovetop.)
- Arrange skewers on grill so that the shrimp are over the coals or flame and the exposed bamboo skewer ends are over the cool side of the grill. Grill for about 2 minutes on each side.
- As soon as the shrimp are done, remove from grill and place in a serving dish. Baste generously with melted garlic butter. Sprinkle with chives to serve! Serve immediately.
You may also like
Green Gumbo A traditional Louisiana gumbo served during Lent that is based on loads of greens such as collards, kale, turnip greens and spinach. Greek Chicken Skewers with Flatbread and Yogurt Sauce (Chicken Souvlaki) Greek Chicken Skewers (a.k.a. Souvlaki!) served with warm flatbread and tangy yogurt sauce. A simple and healthy weeknight meal. Cook on a grill or indoors on the stovetop. Spicy Turkey and Zucchini Burger Turkey burger patties with grated zucchini, herbs, cumin, and cayenne, served with lemony sour cream sauce. Yellow Split Pea Soup Yellow split pea soup with Indian curry spices. Bright, flavorful, and filling! Vegetarian and gluten-free.