- 1 pound 16-20 count large prawns, peeled and deveined (can still have tail on for presentation)
- Olive oil
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon minced chives for garnish
- Short bamboo skewers, about 20, soaked for 30 minutes in water before grilling
- Shredded red cabbage
- Sliced radishes
- Sour Cream
- Lime wedges
- Prepare your grill for direct high heat, with one side of the grill as a cool side with no coals or flame.
- While the grill is heating, thread the pre-soaked skewers through the shrimp. Start at the tail and push the skewers through the middle and end of the shrimp. Brush shrimp with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place butter and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in microwave until the butter has melted and is hot. (If you don't have a microwave you can also just melt the butter with the garlic in a small saucepan on the stovetop.)
- Arrange skewers on grill so that the shrimp are over the coals or flame and the exposed bamboo skewer ends are over the cool side of the grill. Grill for about 2 minutes on each side.
- As soon as the shrimp are done, remove from grill and place in a serving dish. Baste generously with melted garlic butter. Sprinkle with chives to serve! Serve immediately.
You may also like
Pasta Skillet with Chicken Sausage, Cheese & Spinach Try this one-skillet pasta dinner with chicken sausage, cheese, and spinach! Takes only 30 minutes to make. Cauliflower Chickpea Curry Delicious vegan curry with cauliflower, chickpeas, onion, tomato, and cilantro. Swordfish with Smoked Paprika Chunks of swordfish sautéed with fresh tomatoes, smoked paprika and pine nuts. Turkey Stew with Peppers and Mushrooms Turkey stew with chunks of turkey, onions, garlic, bell peppers, and mushrooms in a smooth but tangy yogurt-tomato base.