- 1 to 1 1/4 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed of silver-skin
- 1 inch piece peeled ginger root, sliced into coins
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (use gluten-free soy sauce if cooking gluten-free)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/3 cup minced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro (including tender stems)
- 2 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Shredded red cabbage
- Sliced radishes
- Sour Cream
- Lime wedges
- Make the marinade: Put the ginger and garlic into a mini-chopper or food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Remove to a bowl. Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, green onions, cilantro, seasoned rice wine vinegar, olive oil, sesame oil. Stir to combine. Remove and reserve (for basting) 1/4 cup of this marinade.
- Marinate the pork tenderloin: Place pork tenderloin into a marinating bag or bowl and cover with the remaining marinade. Marinate at room temp for an hour, while you prepare your grill.
- Prepare the grill: Prepare your grill for both direct and indirect heat. When your grill is ready (you should be able to hold your hand an inch above the grill grates on the hot side for only one second), remove the tenderloin from the marinade and brush the tenderloin with olive oil.
- Sear tenderloin on all sides on high direct heat: Place tenderloin on grill on direct high heat. After the tenderloin sears on one side, turn it to sear on another side. Keep turning until the tenderloin has been nicely browned on all sides. Baste the tenderloin with reserved marinade while you grill it.
- Move to cooler side of the grill and cover: Once all side have been nicely browned, move the tenderloin to the cooler side of the grill. Cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes more until just done. Remove from grill when the internal temperature of the tenderloin is no more than 140°F.
- Tent with foil and let rest: Tent with foil and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Slice and drizzle with reserved marinade to serve: Slice and arrange on a serving plate, drizzle with remaining reserved marinade. Serve with bok choy, rice, asparagus, or snap peas.
You may also like
Chipotle Grilled Chicken with Avocado Sandwich Grilled chicken with avocado sandwich, seasoned with chipotle. The fire of the chipotle chile powder is balanced out by the creamy cooling flavor of the avocado. Salmon Teriyaki Skewers with Pineapple Fresh salmon, marinated in teriyaki sauce and grilled on skewers with pineapple and green onions. Spicy Garlic Cashew Chicken Zesty and spicy chicken, marinated with a cashew, garlic and jalapeño sauce. Grilled or broiled to a crisp golden brown and served with lime wedges. Grilled Oysters Raw oysters not your thing? Try grilling them! Serve with lemon juice, butter, parsley sauce.