- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 6-8-ounce swordfish steaks
- Olive oil for grill grates
- Slices of fresh lemon for garnish
- Place all marinade ingredients in a small bowl, mix to combine.
- Rinse the swordfish steaks in cold water and pat dry. (Don't remove the fish skin, it will help keep the steaks from falling apart when grilling. You can always remove after the fish is cooked before serving, if you want.) Place the fish in a non-reactive dish and cover with the marinade. Coat on all sides with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for a half hour to an hour.
- Prepare your grill for high direct heat. You know the grill is hot enough when you place your hand one inch above the grill grates and you can only keep it there for 1 second. Wipe the grill grates with a paper towel infused with olive oil to oil the grates so the swordfish steaks don't stick when you turn them over.
- Brush off excess marinade (not all of it, just most) from the swordfish steaks. Place the swordfish steaks on the hot grill grates. Grill for about 5 to 7 minutes on one side, until you have good grill marks. Turn over and cook for a few minutes longer, until the fish is just cooked through. Remove from heat and let rest a few minutes before serving. Serve with slices of fresh lemon.
You may also like
How to Make Salmon Gravlax Make your own home-cured salmon gravlax! 15-minute prep, 2-day cure in the fridge. Showstopper for a fancy brunch or dinner party. Pacific Black Cod Escabeche Black cod fillets marinated in a vinegar oil mixture and served as a classic escabeche. Salmon with Tomato, Onions, and Capers Quick, easy, healthy! Salmon fillets poached in a tomato onion caper sauce with white wine. Salmon Patties Quick and easy salmon patties with cooked salmon, bread, green onion, dill, bell pepper, egg, lemon, and paprika.