- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 6-8-ounce swordfish steaks
- Olive oil for grill grates
- Slices of fresh lemon for garnish
- Place all marinade ingredients in a small bowl, mix to combine.
- Rinse the swordfish steaks in cold water and pat dry. (Don't remove the fish skin, it will help keep the steaks from falling apart when grilling. You can always remove after the fish is cooked before serving, if you want.) Place the fish in a non-reactive dish and cover with the marinade. Coat on all sides with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for a half hour to an hour.
- Prepare your grill for high direct heat. You know the grill is hot enough when you place your hand one inch above the grill grates and you can only keep it there for 1 second. Wipe the grill grates with a paper towel infused with olive oil to oil the grates so the swordfish steaks don't stick when you turn them over.
- Brush off excess marinade (not all of it, just most) from the swordfish steaks. Place the swordfish steaks on the hot grill grates. Grill for about 5 to 7 minutes on one side, until you have good grill marks. Turn over and cook for a few minutes longer, until the fish is just cooked through. Remove from heat and let rest a few minutes before serving. Serve with slices of fresh lemon.
You may also like
Quick Easy Fish Stew Quick, easy, and absolutely delicious fish stew! Fresh fish fillets cooked in a stew with onions, garlic, parsley, tomato, clam juice and white wine. Avocado Tuna Salad Healthy and easy! Avocado Tuna Salad with avocado, canned tuna, red onion, celery, and NO mayo. New England Cioppino New England Cioppino seafood stew with haddock, lobster, clams, and mussels. Perfect for a casual dinner party! Salmon with Lemon Cream Sauce Sautéed salmon fillets served with a simple lemony cream sauce.