- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 4-5 pound chicken, cut into parts
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2-3 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint (or 2 Tbsp dried mint)
Special equipment needed
- A pizza stone, highly recommended if you want crispy pizza crust
- A pizza peel or a flat baking sheet
- A pizza wheel for cutting the pizza, not required, but easier to deal with than a knife
- Place chicken pieces in a bowl. Mix vinegar with olive oil and pour over chicken pieces. Turn chicken pieces so that all are coated with the simple marinade. Let marinate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- In a small bowl mix honey, mint, and just enough water for a good basting consistency. Set aside for glazing the chicken.
- Prepare grill for medium high heat. Remove chicken pieces from marinade. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Place chicken pieces on the hot grill, skin side up. Cook for approximately 30-40 minutes, covered, turning every 7 or 8 minutes. For the last 5-10 minutes of cooking, baste all sides with the honey mint mixture. The chicken is done when the juices run clear (not pink) when a knife tip is inserted into both the chicken breast and thigh, about 165°F for the breast and 180°F for the thigh. Note that although the breast pieces are bigger, they may finish cooking earlier than the thighs.
You may also like
Lentils and Ham Lentils cooked in a rich broth made from leftover ham and served with slices of that same leftover ham. Chicken Pozole Mexican chicken pozole recipe, pozole blanco, traditional dish of Guerrero, Mexico, made with hominy, chicken, and several garnishes. Grilled Spicy Citrus Ribs with Bourbon Glaze Tender and juicy grilled spareribs with baby back ribs or St. Louis cut ribs. Ribs are brined in a citrus salt brine, grilled, and glazed with a sweet bourbon sauce. Roast Chicken with Grapes Whole roast chicken, stuffed with grapes and seasoned with rosemary, thyme, onions, and lemon.