- 1/4 to 1/3 cup smooth Dijon mustard
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 pounds chicken thighs (or legs)
- 2 sprigs rosemary (or a generous sprinkling of dried rosemary)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Tomato Dipping Sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 15-ounce can of tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey, and olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and taste. Add more salt and mustard until you get the flavor where you want it.
- Salt the chicken lightly and lay the pieces skin-side up in a shallow casserole dish. Spoon the honey mustard sauce over the chicken. Place the rosemary sprigs in between the pieces of chicken.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the thighs read 175° on a meat thermometer, or the juices run clear when the meat is pierced with a knife. Remove the casserole pan from the oven, use a spoon to spoon off any excess chicken fat that has rendered during the cooking. Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper over the chicken before you serve.
You may also like
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup BEST homemade chicken noodle soup! Made from scratch, light and nourishing. All the goodness from the chicken in one pot of soup. Chicken Mulligatawny Soup Easy chicken mulligatawny curry soup, with chicken thighs, carrot, onion, celery, apple, stock, curry, rice, and cream Arroz Con Pollo Classic dish of Spain and Latin America, this arroz con pollo recipe is browned chicken cooked with rice, onions, garlic, and tomatoes. Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken Skinless boneless chicken breasts marinated with lime and cilantro and grilled.