- 1/4 to 1/3 cup smooth Dijon mustard
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 pounds chicken thighs (or legs)
- 2 sprigs rosemary (or a generous sprinkling of dried rosemary)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Tomato Dipping Sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 15-ounce can of tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey, and olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and taste. Add more salt and mustard until you get the flavor where you want it.
- Salt the chicken lightly and lay the pieces skin-side up in a shallow casserole dish. Spoon the honey mustard sauce over the chicken. Place the rosemary sprigs in between the pieces of chicken.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the thighs read 175° on a meat thermometer, or the juices run clear when the meat is pierced with a knife. Remove the casserole pan from the oven, use a spoon to spoon off any excess chicken fat that has rendered during the cooking. Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper over the chicken before you serve.
You may also like
Ginger Honey Chicken Wings Irresistible, addictive chicken wings! With a fresh ginger, honey, soy sauce marinade. Chicken Stew with Coriander, Cilantro, and Chard Delicious Chicken Stew! Inspired by Middle Eastern flavors with chard, coriander and cilantro. Salsa Verde Chicken Bake Boneless, skinless chicken breasts baked in tomatillo salsa verde sauce, topped with melted jack cheese. Easy! Chipotle Salsa Baked Chicken Chicken breasts or thighs, smothered in chipotle salsa, topped with Monterey jack cheese, and baked.