- 1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 6 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted (dark) sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar (if seasoned rice vinegar is not available, add a teaspoon or two of sugar to regular rice vinegar)
- A sprinkle of salt
- A sprinkle of sugar
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage (Napa, green, purple, or a combination)
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 thinly sliced green onions
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 4-6 hot dogs
- 4-6 buns
- Sriracha hot sauce
- Chinese mustard
- 1 4-5 pound beef brisket
- 1 Tbsp pickling spices
- Make the dressing for the cole slaw. Mix the peanut butter in a medium bowl with the vegetable oil and sesame oil until smooth. Whisk in the seasoned rice vinegar, then add salt and sugar to taste.
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced cabbage, grated carrots, cilantro, green onions and sesame seeds together. Don't mix in the dressing until you are ready to cook the hot dogs.
- Cook the hot dogs as you like (boil, grill or fry). 3a: To boil the hot dogs, put hot dogs in a saucepan and add enough water to cover them with an inch of water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for a couple minutes. All you need to do is to heat the hot dogs thoroughly, because they are packaged already cooked. 3b: To grill the hot dogs, preheat heat your grill on high, direct heat. Right before placing the hot dogs on the grill, lower the heat to medium (if using a gas grill) and place the hot dogs perpendicular to the grates. If using a charcoal grill, sear the hot dogs first on the hot side of the grill to get grill marks, then move them to a less hot side of the grill. Turn the hot dogs occasionally so that all sides get cooked. 3c: To fry them, score the hot dogs 3 times on each side, slicing about 1/4 inch deep. Place a little vegetable oil in the fry pan, heat on medium high. Add the hot dogs and cook, turning every minute, until lightly seared and cooked through.
- Toast the buns in a toaster or in the frying pan alongside the hot dogs or on the grill.
- To serve, spread some Chinese mustard on the bun. Put the hot dog in the bun, sprinkle with sriracha sauce, and top with coleslaw.
You may also like
Quick Beef Stew with Mushrooms and White Beans Beef stew, quickly prepared with top sirloin steak, white beans, carrots, onions, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Ginger Beef Stir Fry Easy Beef Stir Fry! With ginger and scallions and a honey soy marinade. Blue Cheese Burgers Fabulous grilled blue cheese burgers, with ground beef, mustard, garlic, green onions, and tangy creamy blue cheese. Quick and Easy Pan-Fried Flank Steak A quick and easy way of cooking lean flank steak on the stovetop.