Choose from assorted toppings:
- Lettuce, thinly sliced
- Green and/or red cabbage, thinly sliced
- Cucumber, julienned
- Carrot, julienned
- Asian pear, julienned
- Green onions, thinly sliced
- Sesame (perilla) leaves, thinly sliced (while traditional for this dish, you can skip)
- Radish sprouts
- Cabbage and/or radish kimchi
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 4 Tbsp Korean red chili paste (gochu jang)*
- 4 Tbsp rice vinegar (un-seasoned or seasoned will both work)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar (light or dark)
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- On the stovetop, fill a medium large pot with water and bring to a boil. While the water is heating, prepare toppings and the sauce. Prepare the lettuce, cabbage, cucumber, carrots, asian pear, sesame leaves and radish sprouts. Set aside. Cut each hard boiled egg in half. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine red pepper paste, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, brown sugar, sesame oil and sesame seeds. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Once the water is boiling, add buckwheat, or other type, of noodle and cook according to package instructions, or about six minutes, until al dente. When noodles are finished cooking, pour into a collander and rinse with cold water and drain. To quickly cool your noodles you may also place a few ice cubes in the collander or place the drained noodles into the freezer for a short time, just don't forget them!
- To serve, place cooled noodles in a medium sized bowl. Top with dressing and vegetables/fruit of your choice. Place one of the hard-boiled egg halves on top and a few radish sprouts.
You may also like
Noodles with Mushrooms and Lemon Ginger Dressing Noodles with mushrooms, sesame seeds, and herbs, tossed with a lemon ginger dressing. Korean Spicy Cold Noodles Spicy and cool, this traditional Korean dish for hot weather is made with buckwheat noodles, various crunchy veggie toppings, and a spicy chili sauce. Soba Noodle Salad Delicious soba noodle salad made with buckwheat soba noodles, mango, red bell pepper, garlic, basil, mint, peanuts, lime and sesame oil. Sesame Noodle Salad Sesame Noodle Salad, so quick and easy! Thin noodles infused with a sesame, honey, soy sauce dressing.