- 2 eggs (large)
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/2 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1/2 pound of farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 heaping cup of chopped onion (about one medium onion)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey meat (leftover turkey thigh meat works great)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Flank steak roulade:
- 1/2 pound thin-cut bacon
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds flank steak
- Salt and black pepper
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 Tbsp of salt for every 2 quarts of water. (While the water is coming to a boil, prep the ingredients to save time.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and pesto. Set aside.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water. The pasta should take 10 minutes to cook to al dente, cooked through but still a little firm. Cook on a rolling boil, uncovered.
- While the pasta is cooking, cook the onions in a large sauté pan in olive oil on medium heat until translucent. Add the garlic and chopped cooked turkey meat. Cook until heated through, then remove from heat.
- When the pasta is ready, reserve 1/2 a cup of the pasta cooking water and drain the pasta.
- Add the hot, drained pasta to the pan with the onions and turkey. Pour the egg mixture over everything and quickly stir to combine. The heat of the pasta will cook the eggs sufficiently, though keep the pan off the heat or the eggs in the sauce will curdle. Salt to taste (depending on the saltiness of your leftover turkey and the saltiness of the pesto, you may not need any additional salt). Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper to serve. (If you want, sprinkle with a little fresh lemon juice as well.) Add back a little of the reserved pasta water if you want the pasta a little more loose, or if it is too dry.
You may also like
Vegetable Shakshuka with Pesto Summer Vegetable Shakshuka! Poached eggs in a rich tomato and vegetable sauce with pesto. Serve for brunch or light dinner. Zucchini Noodle Chicken Pesto Bowl Quick and easy, sautéed zucchini noodles tossed with pesto, chicken and tomatoes. Beef Roulades with Walnut Parsley Pesto Flank steak pounded and stuffed with pesto, wrapped in bacon, rolled into a roulade or pinwheel and roasted. Fresh Basil Pesto Classic, simple basil pesto recipe with fresh basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, Romano or Parmesan cheese, extra virgin olive oil, and salt and pepper.