- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 ripe mangos (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- Pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp tequila, rum, or vodka (optional) OR 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
Cooking Utensils You'll Need:
- A large skillet to brown the beef, bell pepper, and onion
- A large pot (8 to 12-quarts) for cooking the pasta
- A medium sized pot (3 to 4 quarts) to simmer the sauce
- 13" x 9" x 2" lasagna pan, preferably pyrex or stainless steel (avoid aluminum pans if you can, they can react with the acidity of the sauce)
- A large colander to drain the noodles
- A couple large sheet pans to cool the noodles
- A large slotted cooking spoon
- A large wooden cooking spoon
- A chef's knife or large paring knife to cut the vegetables
- Make simple syrup: Heat the sugar, salt, and water in a medium saucepan until the sugar and salt have completely dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Prep mango: Use a vegetable peeler to peel the outside peel of the mangoes. Then cut the flesh away from the large flat white seed in the center of the mango. Discard the seed and peel. Rough chop the mango flesh. You should have about 3 1/2 to 4 cups of chopped mango.
- Blend mango, simple syrup, lime juice: Put the mango pieces, simple syrup, and lime juice into a blender. Blend until completely smooth.
- Chill: Pour into a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Process in ice cream maker: When ready to put the chilled lime mango purée into your ice cream maker, mix in the tequila, rum, vodka (if using) or corn syrup. Process the mixture in your ice cream maker (Amazon sells a good one) according to the ice cream maker directions.
- Freeze until firm: Transfer mixture to a plastic storage container and freezer in your freezer until firm, at least 6 hours.
You may also like
Slow Cooker Dr Pepper Pulled Pork Dr Pepper Pulled Pork in the slow cooker! Sweet and spicy. Just a pork shoulder, a can of Dr Pepper, your favorite BBQ sauce, and some spices. Needs 8 to 10 hours in the slow cooker. Cherry Frozen Yogurt Enjoy the bounty of cherry season with easy-to-make frozen yogurt made with fresh cherries. Broccoli Cheddar Bites Cheesy baked broccoli snacks, great for a brunch, kid-friendly lunch, or party! Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream Homemade chocolate ice cream flavored with cinnamon and a dash of spice.