- 1 large delicata squash (about 1 1/4 pound)
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed of ragged outer leaves and stem
- 3 large shallots, peeled, cut lengthwise in half or thirds
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup (divided 2 tbsp and 1 tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate arils
Special equipment recommended:
- A deep fryer
- Cut the delicata squash in half crosswise, and then in half again lengthwise. Use a metal spoon to scrape out the seeds and strings. Cut the squash into half rounds, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place the squash, brussels sprouts, and shallots into a large bowl and toss with 2 Tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle on 2 Tbsp of maple syrup and one Tbsp of cider vinegar, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Spread a little olive oil over the bottom of a large baking sheet. Arrange the squash, brussels sprouts and shallots on the baking sheet in a single layer. Roast at 400°F for 30 to 35 minutes, turning the vegetables over after the first 20 minutes. The squash should be lightly browned and the brussels sprouts well browned.
- Remove from oven to a serving dish. Gently toss with fresh pomegranate arils and drizzle with the remaining 1 Tbsp maple syrup.
You may also like
Spicy, Citrusy Black Beans Black beans cooked with onions, chili peppers, garlic, oregano, red chili sauce, chipotle, cumin, orange juice and lime. Potato Gnocchi Classic Italian potato gnocchi recipe. Light potato dumplings made with baking potatoes, egg yolks, and flour. Slow Cooker Cajun-Spiced Stuffed Peppers Slow Cooker Cajun-Spiced Stuffed Peppers! 15 minutes to prepare, 4 to 5 hours in the slow cooker. Chile Verde Authentic Mexican pork chile verde recipe, with chunks of pork shoulder slow cooked in a roasted tomatillo and jalapeno chile verde sauce. So good!