- 1 large delicata squash (about 1 1/4 pound)
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed of ragged outer leaves and stem
- 3 large shallots, peeled, cut lengthwise in half or thirds
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup (divided 2 tbsp and 1 tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate arils
Special equipment recommended:
- A deep fryer
- Cut the delicata squash in half crosswise, and then in half again lengthwise. Use a metal spoon to scrape out the seeds and strings. Cut the squash into half rounds, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place the squash, brussels sprouts, and shallots into a large bowl and toss with 2 Tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle on 2 Tbsp of maple syrup and one Tbsp of cider vinegar, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Spread a little olive oil over the bottom of a large baking sheet. Arrange the squash, brussels sprouts and shallots on the baking sheet in a single layer. Roast at 400°F for 30 to 35 minutes, turning the vegetables over after the first 20 minutes. The squash should be lightly browned and the brussels sprouts well browned.
- Remove from oven to a serving dish. Gently toss with fresh pomegranate arils and drizzle with the remaining 1 Tbsp maple syrup.
You may also like
Tomato Salad with Soy Sauce Fresh garden tomatoes sprinkled with olive oil, rice vinegar, and soy sauce. Panko-Crusted Baked Salmon Panko-crusted baked salmon! Salmon steaks or fillets coated in honey mustard, breaded with Japanese panko crumbs, and baked to perfection. Tilapia with Olives, Mushrooms, and Tomatoes Quick and easy, mild tilapia fish fillets cooked with onions, garlic, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, and olives. Italian Sausage and Cabbage Stew EASY, hearty and simple Italian peasant stew with cabbage, parsley and Italian sausage.