- 1 large delicata squash (about 1 1/4 pound)
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed of ragged outer leaves and stem
- 3 large shallots, peeled, cut lengthwise in half or thirds
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup (divided 2 tbsp and 1 tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate arils
Special equipment recommended:
- A deep fryer
- Cut the delicata squash in half crosswise, and then in half again lengthwise. Use a metal spoon to scrape out the seeds and strings. Cut the squash into half rounds, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place the squash, brussels sprouts, and shallots into a large bowl and toss with 2 Tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle on 2 Tbsp of maple syrup and one Tbsp of cider vinegar, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Spread a little olive oil over the bottom of a large baking sheet. Arrange the squash, brussels sprouts and shallots on the baking sheet in a single layer. Roast at 400°F for 30 to 35 minutes, turning the vegetables over after the first 20 minutes. The squash should be lightly browned and the brussels sprouts well browned.
- Remove from oven to a serving dish. Gently toss with fresh pomegranate arils and drizzle with the remaining 1 Tbsp maple syrup.
You may also like
Red Flannel Hash A New England tradition, red flannel hash made with cooked potatoes, beets, corned beef, fried up with onions and butter. Roasted Poblano Corn Chowder Rich corn chowder with roasted poblanos, fresh corn, potatoes, onions, stock, and cream. Sweet Potato Pie with Pecan Topping Holiday sweet potato pie with a pecan topping. Dense and sweet filling with sweet potatoes, sweetened condensed milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, vanilla, and bourbon. Topped with candied pecan topping. Delicious! Duchess Potatoes Classic Duchess potatoes, mashed with butter, nutmeg and cream, then baked until the tops are golden brown.