- 2 cups of grated carrots (from about 3 carrots)
- 1 cup of grated fresh beets (from about 1 medium sized peeled beet)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (sweet, not hot)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Small pinch of salt
- Small pinch of cayenne
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 Tbsp sliced fresh mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp minced shallot
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar (unseasoned)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- A Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup good quality olive oil
- Place the grated carrots in a medium sized serving bowl. Place the grated beets into a sieve and briefly rinse with cold water. This will rinse away a little of the excess beet juice that may otherwise color the whole salad beet red. Pat dry with a paper towel. Then add to the bowl with the carrots. Add the raisins. Stir to gently combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the paprika, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne. Then add the lemon juice and honey and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over the the carrots and beets, then gently fold until the carrots and beets are lightly coated. Let sit for an hour before serving, either chilled or at room temperature, for the dressing to seep into the carrots and beets.
- Right before serving, stir in a couple tablespoons of sliced fresh mint leaves. Garnish with fresh mint.
You may also like
Orange and Beet Salad Colorful beet salad with sliced beets, navel oranges, red onions, arugula in a light vinaigrette. Arugula Salad with Beets and Goat Cheese Arugula salad with beets, goat cheese, walnuts and a simple vinaigrette. Golden Beet and Pomegranate Salad Beautiful golden beet salad peppered with ruby red pomegranate seeds, served on a bed of arugula and lettuce greens. Moroccan Grated Carrot and Beet Salad Moroccan shredded carrot and fresh beet salad with raisins, cumin, cinnamon, and paprika, and an honey lemon dressing.