- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or dill
- Ground black pepper
- Mix the marinade ingredients (yogurt, lemon juice, cilantro, olive oil, garlic, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, salt, and pepper) together in a medium sized bowl. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and thoroughly coat with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator from 2 hours to overnight.
- Heat your grill on high heat if you are using a gas grill, or prepare coals for direct heat if you are using charcoal. Allow for one side of the grill to be the "cool" side. If you do not have a grill you can use a cast-iron grill pan on your stove. Grill the chicken breasts over direct high heat a couple of minutes on one side. Then turn them over and move them to the cool side of the grill. Cover and cook for a few minutes more, until the chicken is cooked through. (The easiest way to test for doneness is with your fingertips. See The Finger Test to Check the Doneness of Meat. Or use a meat thermometer, remove the meat from the grill when the internal temperature of the chicken breast reaches 165°F.) Take care not to overcook, as chicken breasts can easily dry out.
You may also like
Ricotta Stuffed Chicken Butterflied chicken stuffed with ricotta, Parmesan and herbs, then grilled or baked. Chicken, Mushrooms, and Tomatoes with Port Wine Pan-cooked boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, with mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, and port wine. Chicken Pot Pie Classic chicken pot pie recipe from Marshall Field's. Chicken, celery, onion, carrots, peas, parsley, and thyme baked in a large ramekin lined and topped with pie crust. Thai Green Curry with Chicken This easy green curry is made with chicken, coconut milk, fresh herbs, and lime. You'll have a stunning dish to admire, smell, and taste!