- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or dill
- Ground black pepper
- Mix the marinade ingredients (yogurt, lemon juice, cilantro, olive oil, garlic, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, salt, and pepper) together in a medium sized bowl. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and thoroughly coat with the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator from 2 hours to overnight.
- Heat your grill on high heat if you are using a gas grill, or prepare coals for direct heat if you are using charcoal. Allow for one side of the grill to be the "cool" side. If you do not have a grill you can use a cast-iron grill pan on your stove. Grill the chicken breasts over direct high heat a couple of minutes on one side. Then turn them over and move them to the cool side of the grill. Cover and cook for a few minutes more, until the chicken is cooked through. (The easiest way to test for doneness is with your fingertips. See The Finger Test to Check the Doneness of Meat. Or use a meat thermometer, remove the meat from the grill when the internal temperature of the chicken breast reaches 165°F.) Take care not to overcook, as chicken breasts can easily dry out.
You may also like
Slow Cooker Chicken Rice Casserole Slow cooker chicken rice casserole with basmati rice, tomatoes, onions, chicken thighs Chipotle Grilled Chicken with Avocado Sandwich Grilled chicken with avocado sandwich, seasoned with chipotle. The fire of the chipotle chile powder is balanced out by the creamy cooling flavor of the avocado. Sheet Pan Chicken with Asparagus and Potatoes Sheet pan chicken with asparagus and potatoes to celebrate spring! Everything cooks together until tender. Really easy and only one pan to clean! Creamy Chicken and Asparagus Pasta Creamy Chicken and Asparagus Pasta with penne, sautéed strips of chicken breast, broth, cream, goat cheese, parmesan, lemon, and asparagus! Easy midweek meal, perfect for spring!