- 1 14-oz. (400g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (170g) 100% pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups (475ml) heavy cream
- Make the ice cream base: In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin puree with the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and allspice – this helps prevent the spices from clumping together. Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla to the bowl, and then beat using an electric mixer until the mixture becomes smooth, about one minute. It is okay if you see a few small lumps.
- Whip the heavy cream: In a second large bowl, beat the heavy cream with an electric mixer or in a stand mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the ice cream base: Transfer the whipped cream to the bowl with the sweetened condensed milk and pumpkin. Gently fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin, stopping when the mixture looks smooth with no more streaks of whipped cream and is light orange in color. Be careful not to over-mix!
- Freeze the ice cream: Pour the mixture into a loaf pan or any kind of freezer-safe container. Place a sheet of wax paper on top of the mixture and smooth it out. The wax paper helps prevent ice crystals from forming. Transfer to the freezer and freeze for at least 6 hours. Enjoy the ice cream within 1 to 2 weeks for the best texture.
You may also like
Slice-and-Bake Pistachio Butter Cookies Easy slice-and-bake pistachio butter cookies! Keep the dough in the fridge or freezer for a cookies whenever you want them. Food processor dough. Meyer Lemon Sorbet Intensely lemony, this crisp Meyer lemon sorbet is like making lemonade with a detour through the ice cream maker. How to Make Chicken Stock Three tried and true methods for making GREAT homemade chicken stock. One method involves simmering a chicken carcass with vegetables. The other methods require sautéing chopped pieces of backs and wings first, before simmering with water and veggies. Coffee Oreo Cookie Ice Cream Outrageously good homemade ice cream with a coffee custard base, oreo cookies, and a touch of rum.