- 1 14-oz. (400g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (170g) 100% pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups (475ml) heavy cream
- Make the ice cream base: In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin puree with the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and allspice – this helps prevent the spices from clumping together. Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla to the bowl, and then beat using an electric mixer until the mixture becomes smooth, about one minute. It is okay if you see a few small lumps.
- Whip the heavy cream: In a second large bowl, beat the heavy cream with an electric mixer or in a stand mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the ice cream base: Transfer the whipped cream to the bowl with the sweetened condensed milk and pumpkin. Gently fold the whipped cream into the pumpkin, stopping when the mixture looks smooth with no more streaks of whipped cream and is light orange in color. Be careful not to over-mix!
- Freeze the ice cream: Pour the mixture into a loaf pan or any kind of freezer-safe container. Place a sheet of wax paper on top of the mixture and smooth it out. The wax paper helps prevent ice crystals from forming. Transfer to the freezer and freeze for at least 6 hours. Enjoy the ice cream within 1 to 2 weeks for the best texture.
You may also like
Giant Ginger Cookies Extra large ginger cookies, with ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and molasses. How to Poach Chicken, the Quick and Easy Way Poaching chicken is the EASIEST way to cook chicken for quick weeknight meals! Great for making shredded or sliced chicken for easy soups, lunch salads, burrito bowls, and more. Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Easy to make frozen yogurt recipe with fresh fresh strawberries. Lighter than ice cream but still creamy, and packed with strawberry flavor. Make Your Own Juice Popsicles Homemade popsicle recipe. Easy to make your own juice popsicles, with concentrated juice or lemonade.