- 1 lb (450 g) fresh chopped nopalitos
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, quartered (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup chopped red radishes
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2-quart glass or ceramic baking dish (8x8 square or 7x11 rectangular)
- Blanch and rinse nopalitos: Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add the nopalitos, return to a rolling boil and cook for 1 minute. Strain through a fine mesh sieve. Rinse with water for 1 minute.
- Toss with remaining ingredients: Place rinsed and drained nopalitos in a bowl with the chopped tomatoes, radishes, and onion. Toss with lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Fold in cilantro.
You may also like
Baked Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes and Garlic Quick and easy! Chicken thighs baked with cherry tomatoes, garlic, and rosemary. White Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad White bean and cherry tomato salad with a dressing of rosemary infused olive oil, garlic, Parmesan, anchovies, and lemon. Nopalitos Cactus Salad Ever eat cactus? Nopalitos are so GOOD! This easy, budget-friendly salad is a classic Mexican cactus salad with chopped prickly pear cactus paddles (nopalitos), tomatoes, onions, and radishes. Asparagus Artichoke Salad Asparagus Artichoke Salad! A light springtime salad of grilled or roasted asparagus with marinated artichoke hearts and cherry tomatoes.