- 1 lb nopalitos, nopales prickly pear cactus paddles that have been stripped of spines, cleaned, and chopped
- Olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stem and seeds removed, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 avocado chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Sauté onions, garlic, jalapeño: Heat a tablespoon of olive oil (enough to coat the bottom of the pan) in a large sauté pan on medium high heat. Add red onion, garlic, and jalapeño. Cook for a minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add the nopalitos, then the tomatoes: Add the nopalitos. Cook for several more minutes. Then add the chopped tomato. Continue to cook until all vegetables are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
You may also like
Mexican Three Bean Salad Classic three bean salad with a Southwestern twist! Pinto beans, black beans, and green beans, with onions, jalapenos, Cotija cheese, cilantro with a sweet lime dressing. Veggie Tacos Vegetarian tacos with onions, zucchini, tomatoes, green chiles, jalapeños, cheddar and cotija cheeses, and cilantro in corn tortillas. Mexican Green Bean Salad Mexican green bean salad with fresh green beans, cilantro, jalapeno, red onion, cotija cheese, avocado, tomato, olive oil and lime juice. Mexican Tostada Bean tostada with crispy fried corn tortilla topped with refried beans, grated cheese, chopped avocado and tomato, sliced lettuce, and salsa.