- 3/4 pound fusili pasta
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 Tbsp)
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup of pasta cooking water (reserved from cooking the pasta)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 6 ramekins or custard cups (each 1/2 cup, 125 ml capacity)
- Roasting pan or other baking dish large enough to hold all the cups.
- Heat 4 quarts of water and 2 Tbsp salt in a large pot for the pasta. Once the water starts to boil, add the pasta and cook at a rolling boil, uncovered, until al dente, cooked through, but still a little firm to the bite (the low end of the cooking times given on the package). Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- While you are cooking the pasta, heat the butter in a medium skillet on medium heat until melted. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the ham and the frozen peas.
- Stir in 1 cup of the pasta cooking water which will help thaw the peas. Stir in 1/2 cup of cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and lemon zest.
- When the pasta is ready, toss it with the sauce in a serving bowl and serve.
You may also like
Ham, Potato and Leek Soup Warm, creamy, filling soup with russet potatoes, fresh leeks, and chopped ham. Pineapple Glazed Ham Balls Ham balls! Made from ham, bacon and ground pork, glazed with pineapple juice, brown sugar, cider vinegar, ketchup and dry mustard. Ham and Potato Hash Ham and potato hash, a perfect side dish for fried eggs. Easy to cook, and a great way to use up leftover ham. Croque Monsieur Ham and Cheese Sandwich Class French Croque Monsieur recipe, toasted ham and Swiss cheese sandwich, topped with a bechamel sauce of butter, flour, milk, nutmeg, Parmesan and Gruyere.