- 4 ounces bow tie (farfalle), linguini, or spaghetti pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (plus more)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- Pinch chili pepper flakes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tuna packed in olive oil, drained
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
Optional base flavorings:
- Mint leaves (1 bunch, stems removed, chopped, about 1 cup)
- Cinnamon and cardamon (1 cinnamon stick, 2 cardamom pods)
- Amaretto (1-2 tablespoons)
- Almond extract (1 teaspoon)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt (1 1/2 teaspoons for every quart of water), return to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions until cooked through, but still firm (al dente).
- While the water is coming to a boil and the pasta is cooking, prepare the rest of the recipe. In a large, wide sauté pan, heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat. Add the chopped onion and chili pepper flakes and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes or so. Mix in the canned tuna, the capers, and the salt. Add the wine, bring to a simmer then lower the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes or longer, while the pasta is cooking. If the mixture begins to dry out, add a little more wine.
- When the pasta is ready, drain it and add it in to the pan with the tuna. Toss to mix. Drizzle on a bit more olive oil over it all, then add the chopped parsley and a few grinds of black pepper to taste.
You may also like
Tuna Pasta with Tomato and Olives Easy to make! Pasta with sauce of tuna, tomato, garlic, shallots, olives, parsley. White Bean and Tuna Salad Simple tuna and white bean salad, a classic combination and so easy to make! Pasta with Tuna and Capers in White Wine Sauce Pasta served with a sauce made with oil-packed canned tuna, onions, capers, white wine, and parsley. Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Quick and easy! Tuna pasta with canned tuna, tomato, red onion, kalamata olives, lemon, capers, and Mozzarella cheese