- 6 heads of Belgian endive
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon finely minced fresh garlic
- 6 to 12 small oil-packed salted anchovy fillets (jarred or canned), to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1 /3 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts OR 3 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, diced
- 1/2 cup minced green onion
- 6 heads of California or Belgian endive
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted slivered almonds
- In a large serving bowl, stir the minced garlic into the olive oil. Roughly chop the anchovy fillets and add them to the oil. Add the salt and pepper and the sherry vinegar. Let the dressing sit and the oil infuse while you prep the endives (about 5 minutes).
- Strip off and discard any outer tired leaves from the endives. Cut off and discard the hard root end of the endives. Slice the endives crosswise into 1-inch wide pieces. Cut the core end, if thick, into halves or quarters.
- Add the chopped endive leaves to the serving bowl with the dressing, and toss gently until all of the endive leaves are lightly coated in the dressing. Serve immediately.
You may also like
Fennel, Radicchio and Endive Salad A crunchy salad of radicchio, Belgian endive and sliced fennel served with a fennel dressing and grated parmesan cheese. Endive Salad with Walnuts, Pears, and Gorgonzola Crisp fall salad with sliced endive, walnuts, chopped pear, and blue cheese. Mediterranean Chicken Salad Easy, healthy Mediterranean style chicken salad! With olive oil, vinegar, olives, capers, onions and fresh herbs. Provencal Endive Salad Belgian endive salad with a vinaigrette with olive oil, sherry vinegar, garlic, and anchovies.