- 2 lb small new potatoes (look for the smallest you can find, the potatoes should be no bigger than 1 1/2 inches, if they are bigger, cut them into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 medium onion, sliced in the direction of root to top
- 6 cloves of garlic, crushed with peel on (do not remove peel)
- 2-3 small to medium vine-ripened tomatoes, or plum tomatoes, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 10 pitted olives, green and black (Kalamata and Nicoise)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp herbes de Provence
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives for garnish
- 6-quart electric or stovetop pressure cooker, or larger (like an Instant Pot)
- Immersion blender, or regular blender
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss ingredients together: Put all ingredients (except chives) into a large roasting pan, toss with your (clean) hands to coat completely with oil and seasonings. Spread everything out evenly.
- Roast in oven: Put the potatoes in the oven, cook for fifteen minutes at 400°F. Then reduce the heat to 375° and cook for 30 to 40 minutes more, until the onions and tomatoes are somewhat caramelized and the potatoes are cooked through. Halfway through cooking, stir the potatoes so that they remain well coated with oil and do not get dried out, and the bottom of the pan stays coated with oil.
- Let cool to room temp, sprinkle with chives: Remove from oven and let sit until cooled to room temperature. Sprinkle with freshly chopped chives to serve. Excellent served with steak and a side of greens. (You can toss fresh spinach or chard with the oil remaining in the potato roasting pan and put back into the oven for just a few minutes until just wilted.)
You may also like
Boursin Stuffed Mushrooms Easiest stuffed mushrooms ever, creminis stuffed with herbed Boursin cheese, topped with smoked paprika. Broccoli Slaw with Cranberry Orange Dressing Broccoli slaw, a coleslaw made with broccoli stems, cabbage, and carrots, with a tangy cranberry orange dressing. Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese Toasts Salmon toasts recipe with smoked salmon slices over herbed goat cheese on toasted crostini bread rounds. An easy, crowd pleasing appetizer. Mixed Berry Sangria This Mixed Berry Red Wine Sangria is made with red wine, brandy, orange juice, fresh or frozen berries! Perfect refreshing summer drink for a party!