- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup dried currants
Adult Monster Cookies Mix-Ins For Whole Batch
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (dark chocolate preferable)
- 1 cup of chopped Heath bar bits
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, and pumpkin purée and beat for another 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, cardamom and cinnamon and whisk together. Slowly add it to the butter mixture until just combined, being sure to scrape down the sides and bottom once or twice to ensure even mixing.
- Fold in the pumpkin seeds and currants. Drop spoonfuls of dough on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Allow to cool on the tray for a minute or two to set, then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
You may also like
Pumpkin Cookies Soft and moist pumpkin cookies, with rolled oats, pumpkin puree, pumpkin seeds, dried currants, and spiced with cinnamon and cardamon. Sugar Cookies Two tried-and-true, fabulous sugar cookie recipes. Old fashioned, easy to make buttery cookies, perfect to decorate for any occasion. Photos and step-by-step instructions. BEST Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with browned butter, chocolate chips, and pecans. Lemon Mascarpone Blondies The best blondie recipe ever. Truly! A classic blondie taken to perfection with tangy mascarpone cheese and lemon.